2017-2018 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. MrMallard88

MrMallard88 Senior Refuge Member

Gee, thanks. As if we don't already have enough issues with out of staters, and highly pressured areas in Kansas.

2. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

We appreciate all that pressure put on the birds up there in NE Nebraska & SE South Dakota each December & January as we reap the benefits here in NE Kansas. If the ducks don't have a refuge to rest & regroup on, they will move on quickly...
    Be Safe...NC

habitatman likes this.
  3. SDDRAKE

SDDRAKE Refuge Member

We watched Bill Willroth video and it took us about 5 seconds to figure out where his blinds were. Even road up river and looked at them . I am really surprised someone doesn't try and get his spot. I would not think the videos make enough money to make it worth destroying your home turf , but they must. Calef came in Friday night, hunted Saturday and left Saturday night . That tells you how good the hunting is .

4. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Take a look at the South Dakota Fall Waterfowl counts for 12/12 17. 58k Canada's and 183K+ Ducks on Francis case.

Huntges11 likes this.
  5. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

I saw 40 snows last nite at work. The spring season is looking up now.:yes

6. Matejka

Matejka Refuge Member

All rafted up and feeding out at 5:01 show !
    SNCUN

7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Hopefully some of them ducks come south. I will be hunting for 5 days after oil change on Friday morning.

GK1 likes this.
  8. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Good Luck Brent!

9. frankman

frankman Senior Refuge Member

There was actually a nice mix of ducks and geese migrating today

Neck Collar likes this.
  10. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

A buddy and I zipped out before church this morning and made quick work on our limit of mallards. Screwed up several times on our bonus birds. Had a green wing land in our dekes out of nowhere and waited to shoot him while a mallard was coming in and he bugged out quick when we weren't looking. Had a pair of wigeon circle our dekes twice while we were out picking up some birds. And while picking up our dekes, had a flock of green wings come buzzing by at Mach 3 and I missed three times lol. Had a laugh about it and just kept picking up instead of waiting around. I have a buddy and his girlfriend coming out to hunt Thursday but the forecast is snow all day and 40 mph winds. Should be a fun hunt if we can get there. I've heard from multiple people that eastern Montana is loaded with geese. I'm thinking we'll start seeing some of them soon as they are forecast to get pretty dang cold up there. I'll probably do a goose hunt out of my pit Saturday with more snow forecast and hopefully new birds around.
    [​IMG]

benadams, Huntges11, ajj16 and 3 others like this.