2017-2018 Waterfowl Reports

Discussion in 'Nebraska Flyway Forum' started by nebgoosehunter, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

Beautiful bunch of ducks!...I just looked at the forecast & yes, it should be getting good between now & Christmas nebgoosehunter...Any open shallow waters will be gone after the first of next week...Be safe...NC

2. Loupriverhunter

Loupriverhunter New Member

Anybody going to try it in the sleet and snow Thursday? Never shot a whole lot when the moisture is flying but might be the only day I have off work to go. Friday is looking good after the front moves thru.

3. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Wish I could but I gotta work. If it's snow, it should be a beat down. If it's rain, I'd stay home and wait til post front and hammer the fresh birds that are trying to figure out where they're at.

4. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I plan on it, geese get even dumber than they already are in moisture and hopefully they will want corn instead of grass.

spaightlabs likes this.
  5. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

Yes and am highly looking forward to it! 2-4" for where I'm hunting and 20-30 mph winds will make it a little brutal but if we can stay out of the wind it should be good. Trying for ducks first and if we do well and the geese are still flying we'll go sit in the goose pit.

6. don835

don835 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I'll be out there! Send me some cripple's Brent...Murph.

7. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

No cripples Murph, everything shot at tonight died. supposed to snow between 6 and 8 am. 2 blinds in trailer one with snow cover and one without, I will be ready when they are.

8. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

It was one for the ol memory bank this morning! Easy 4 man limit of mallards and our 4 bonus wigeon. It was amazing watching them decoy coming out of the snow. A lot of the times you could hear them before you could see them. I was a little nervous when the only thing I kicked off the water was a group of six geese but it was all for not as it only took about an hour and fifteen minutes.
    [​IMG]
    Went after some roosters on the way home and my buddy and I had no trouble with them either. I took a few too many shots but it was a blast also!
    [​IMG]

benadams, BirdJ, spaightlabs and 8 others like this.
  9. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

Great pictures! I'm hoping you'all pushed them our way...Have a safe & memorable holiday season!...NC

10. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member