2017 Avery prograde Pintail and Teal Questions

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by banana0721, Sep 8, 2017.

1. banana0721

banana0721 Refuge Member

Do the Prograde teal and pintails have any paint issues? I realize using them will show some wear, but I don't want to buy if they still have paint issues. I like their body positions better than the Avian X. Would you buy Avian X pintails and teal or Avery GHG prograde pintails and teal? Thanks.

2. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

GHG haven't had paint issues for years. I have almost zero issues with paint on GHG decoys I have purchased since 2010. If I remember correct the bad years were between 2005 and 2010. I got some of those bad batches and bashed them relentlessly until a friend bough some pro series wigeon the year they were released and we beat the snot out of them for a season with no real damage. We are very hard on decoys, throwing them, kicking them, bulk bagging for long walk in hunts, leaving them laying loose in the bottom of a boat all season with dogs and ourselves walking on and crawling over them. I have since bought at least 10 dozen pro grade and can only remember one decoy with any problems. You could say I am a reformed GHG hater. :l IMO the only better option is AvianX but like you I prefer the more diverse GHG poses and better colors, AvianX decoys are too dark IMO.

3. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I've got plenty of GHG & no bad issues at all. Excellent decoys, as are the Avians that I've added to the rig these last few years. I really like the diversity using the 2 brands together, & I'm still running a few G&H that are very old.

Ringbill

4. how45hard

how45hard Senior Refuge Member

I've had some ghg decoys with the most terrible paint issues to the point I only buy avian now. With that said I got some pro grade gadwalls as a gift 2 years ago and they have been solid. Paint is still looking great and not chipping.