2017 Ford F250?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by SutterduckHunter, Mar 17, 2017.

1. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

Has anybody bought one of the new F250 diesels? I am considering that truck and the Ram 2500 Megacab. If you have the new Ford, how do you like it?

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Guy at work has a 2016, and another with a 2015. 6.7 seems to be better than the previous 2 PSDs. They were ****. Both like theirs. No maint issues yet. Doubt you'll find many valid reviews on a 2017 model truck. Most will be emotional, since they just dropped $60k+ on a vehicle. Emotional good, or emotional bad.

SutterduckHunter likes this.
  3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I have not seen a 2017 in either model. However, before last July I had driven Ford F350 crewcabs for 25 years. Needed to buy a new truck last year and looked seriously at both Ford and Dodge. I ended up getting at crew cab Ram 2500...much more truck than my 2 previous Fords. Our opinion was, hands down the Dodge was the better value. I got a lot more options for $5k less, and I'm signed up with Ford's X-Plan pricing. I now have almost 16k miles on the rig and have not regretted the change one time. Your experience my be different, but that's what I can relay from personal experience.

SutterduckHunter likes this.