2017 hunts

Discussion in 'Wisconsin Flyway Forum' started by marsh man dan, Sep 1, 2017.

1. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Got to take out an old veteran today. Mya, @2Browndogs girl, is turning 13 this weekend and we figured it would be a great day to take her out for some birds. It is so fun to watch the spark that stays alive even tho the body is starting to fade. Snow fall made it even more memorable. Here's to all the old warriors out there.
    DSC_1179.JPG
    DSC_1183.JPG DSC_1187.JPG
    DSC_1192.JPG DSC_1205.JPG

Ratboy, SB2MAG, Ducker 4 Ever and 5 others like this.
  2. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

It's a 1984 2 3/4" only 30" full. Got it at a DU banquet.

It's well used and very beat up. The stock is cracked and the finish is bubbled. The receiver has lost all of is blueing and the left side is very pitted. This past summer, I had a gun smith refit the barrel and slug barrel to the receiver as the barrels had a lot of play when fitted. But with all this, the slide is very smooth and cycles flawlessly even with the cold. I have a ten shot magazine for it. 26 snow geese with eleven shots on one sneak.

JEYESLAYER likes this.
  3. JEYESLAYER

JEYESLAYER Elite Refuge Member

Best gun ever made in my eyes hands down! 3 in my gun safe.

4. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

B8E3E73D-F1BB-4CCA-B73F-2E1306019ED8.jpeg Finally got my first speck!!!

Ducker 4 Ever, GK1, SB2MAG and 3 others like this.
  5. pud123

pud123 Elite Refuge Member

Nice, were you traveling or taking advantage of the extra days left on the river?

6. Chasemukluk

Chasemukluk New Member

Hey all. Haven't posted in awhile. Here is a video of one of my favorite hunts from the season. It's from November 10th. We saw a ton of birds on the 11th as well. I have a bunch of hunts on the channel so feel free to check them out if you are missing duck season like me. Happy hunting.

SB2MAG likes this.
  7. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

I would be curious to know if anyone has been hunting the river. The week of single digit highs has everything pretty frozen. Couple geese and a bunch of mallards on the springs in town by lynxville and spring lake.

8. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Not me ........and I NEVER give up. Put on 250 miles hitting all the late season spots I know yesterday. The few I found were not worth dieing for to attempt to get close for the handful of crips and weaks still left. First time in recent history I couldn't run the game to the end.

9. woodiefanatic

woodiefanatic Senior Refuge Member

Ya still relatively new to the area and everything I checked out looked impossible to get to or hand no birds on it. Until next year. Next year I need to find somewhere down south to make a trip to

10. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

We headed south. We did some private flooded field pit hunting and got to experience the draw system on a duck park. Sounds like the cold/ice had the birds south of us. Most of the locals were either not hunting or not shooting much. We’ll be back when it warms up.