2017 hunts

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Swampfoot, Nov 18, 2017.

1. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Foggy day...

[​IMG]

GK1 likes this.
  2. duckmanJR

Nice morning...but was pretty warm...

[​IMG]

Son got a limit too...but had a Scaup and a Ringer with his 4 teal

3. duckmanJR

Skipped Thursday...

Went today...A little foggy early...birds moved late.
    Drake came right in....
    [​IMG]

4. duckmanJR

Another warm and foggy day...

[​IMG]

5. duckmanJR

I put my mottled from Wednesday in the Mottled duck thread...and didn't put my 4 waterlogged teal from Tuesday in...
    Yesterday was a try for Wood ducks...the pass line was 20 yards either side of me..never fired a shot.
    Today...

[​IMG]

6. duckmanJR

Ugh... Tough day. It was cold ( 54 is cold in Florida :l ) with a cold fog that didn't lift till 10 AM ... Not much moving around....Lost 1 teal in some thick stuff.

[​IMG]

7. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

54......cold......heh, heh. Put a minus sign in front of that and then we'll talk. Truck had square tires (you'll have to look it up) and barely turned over. I did have it plugged in (you may have to look that up as well). Took the dogs for a walk and ended up with snotsickles. No ice fishing or ptarmigan hunting for me today. Just too cold. There are some cool things you can do in the cold. https://www.theweathernetwork.com/c...ght-now/sharevideo/5695827826001/most_popular

8. duckmanJR

Well, It is going to be in the low to mid 40's in the morning....I'm working my way toward you.. :l
    The truth is you guys have my deepest respect...and sympathy. As a teen I lived on the south shore of Long Island N.Y. and remember hunting Brant in some cold....was not a big fan of it.

I talked to my best friend who is SW Michigan ( Muskeegon) ...it was 10 degrees and he has 24 inches of snow on the level...he's froze out. It was supposed to be his 2 day late season this weekend but nothing is open water.
    I told him " Chin up pal...13 more days and you'll be here soaking up the sun. "

9. duckmanJR

Hey Bang...it was 44 this morning...brrrr :l

Made the choice to do something easy so I would be in better shape to do something more difficult with my son tomorrow.
    Left the house at 5:55...got my coffee at Cumberland farms and headed to my spot....was 10 min after legal and I was ready to dog cuss some pilgrim riding around as he drove thru a roost spot and knocked 6 Mottleds out...waited to see what would happen but as a clear as a bell cool morning I was not now hopeful. I polled back to the boat and was talking with my son who was just getting off duty to make a plan for tomorrow when... " Uh Oh...." I was sitting with my feet tangling over the side in my shovin' boat...but....

[​IMG]

Went past the other launch...6 other rigs but no shots.....

10. duckmanJR

Well...they picked the wrong line to fly today :l

[​IMG]

I know wood ducks are no big deal when you get out of peninsular Florida...but they are quite a challenge here...