2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

Sgt. Duck just told me he saw super high bunches of snow geese headed south this morning. It looks like moderate weather is set to return and hopefully something good happens!

2. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Ended the day by killing 2 drakes and 2 hen mallards. Never seen any other species and probably only seen 50 ducks. Didn't see or hear a single goose.

3. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

Just got a report from one of the guys in the lease who hunted this afternoon and he saw one flock of mallards and three other ducks. We are near DC and it's been pitiful for the last two weeks.

4. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

I have the ice eater running. I raced down here after work, set the eater and had to fix a leaking fuel line in the cold dark timber. I am spending the night close to the duck lake at a friends place. The fire is blazing and the dog is snoozing in front of it. Ducks or no ducks.......I'm having fun.

Mo_G_Dux and Sunklands like this.
  5. Sunklands

I still can't believe I didn't see any gray ducks and not even a single spoonie. I haven't had any jacks come over the pit yet this year.

6. HJP12

HJP12 Refuge Member

Hunted Wednesday and saw quite a few birds coming from the Grove but none would really look. They were going to a corn field just north of us. Yesterday set up at 10 and had good size groups falling into the spread. Don't know if they are new birds that came in one night and are now getting out and about? 3 of us were done by 12:30. Hopefully a sign of things to come

7. Sunklands

Ice but no ducks this morning. Seen some high flying small groups. From what I can tell, we've picked up nothing.

8. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

Ice eater running saw 6 ducks this morning.

9. dnj21

dnj21 Senior Refuge Member

Talked to some guys from work that drew late, late at GP today and it was very slow where they were. I thought today would have been a good one.

10. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

No ducks in central MO. Didn't help that my generator quit during the night so I was iced up most of the morning. Try again tomorrow!