2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Mallet67

Mallet67 Refuge Member

2. Mallet67

Mallet67 Refuge Member

Your exactly right sunklands. Doesn't matter what is done we would all have something to complain about. Most would like season start even earlier in October than what has been in past. Mother nature can be a cruel you know what. Get over it guys and move on. I was complaining 3 4 weeks ago how warm it was. Everybody has been hunting the same stale ducks for weeks. So it finally took this bitter cold to drove some south. If this would not have come you would still have the same old stale ducks you have had.

3. knees

knees Elite Refuge Member

I was in favor of the split for the middle zone & still will be even after this. The past 10 years on our farm on average, we've had very few mallards before the middle of November & been covered up the 1st half of January. It's been a very long time since we've had a sustained cold spell camp out on us like this. Typically we freeze for several days then get a thaw & it's back and forth. Not this time.

4. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

I agree. We have hundreds of thousands of mallards along the rivers. I usually have the most ducks in the corn the first week of January and I don't expect that to change this year. The mallard don't leave because of cold they leave only when they run out of food.

i_willie12 likes this.
  5. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

You got her number? ;)

6. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

1-800-MYPUPPY. Call it.

7. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

No real complaints about MDC's effect on my season. I hunt a couple spots that a buddy and I farm so, some of my success is up to my farming choices and the rest is the weather. Can't control the weather when I farm and it's no different when hunting. Thus far I've killed a few more than last year so, I'm content. If it thaws out again, I'll be in the south zone. If it doesn't, then I'll be after big geese.

3labman likes this.
  8. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

unless your a corn hunter on your back or a river rat and iam to old for both

9. Greenhedges

Greenhedges Elite Refuge Member

10. Cedarlakeforge

Cedarlakeforge Refuge Member