2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

There were a slug (2-3K) of snow geese and more coming across the tracks from Carrollton on Highway 10 this evening. Almost like a spring migration

2. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

I got an 80, that was corn stubble and I bet there was 8-10k snows that were in it yesterday evening and last night. While drinking coffee this morning, I heard them flying over the house but they didn't use the field. I went down on the 80 and the geese had rooted and turned every cob in that field looking for corn. Hard to feed the game with a CaseIH combine.

WHUP ! Hen and i_willie12 like this.
  3. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

Found a creek that was open water last Sunday in the middle zone, was hoping to get out one more time. Checked it last night and it was 90% ice. Gave up that idea, sitting at work instead.

4. Mack Molloy

A lot of ducks pulled out of Grand Pass this past week (175,000 vs. 2,000)...but still have several using the MO River. Did anyone in the South Zone notice new birds?

5. Guthook

Guthook Senior Refuge Member

When they do the count and the herd is out to feed you get that number. Some on the river but not like prior weeks. Blackfeet paid the price though. Interested in the replies to your question.

Pirogue and DEADEYE like this.
  6. Sunklands

Didn't pick up anything noticeable. The rain and thaw we receive this week will allow birds to come back north from La. and L.A.(Lower Arkansas).

longshot lucas likes this.
  7. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

Until it freezes again this weekend. Go figure, as we are planning on heading to your great state Friday afternoon

8. Sunklands

You've heard and read all about it, now it's time to experience the hunt of a lifetime at the north end of the delta, in the historic Mississippi flyway.

10GAGENUT, hyper23 and QakQak73 like this.
  9. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

We were down there right after Christmas. Cold/ice up here typically results in great hunting. Seems to be the opposite down there, at east where we were hunting.

10. Mack Molloy

It is going to be interesting to see what the spring migration for snow geese looks like. Last year we didn't have snow cover and with warmer temperatures the geese blew threw Missouri.