2017 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

I drove to KCMO Sunday morning and saw a solid mass of snow geese from Carrollton all the way to Lexington...following the Missouri River. I have no idea how many geese there were...50K? Pretty unbelievable to see that many geese headed west out of Grand Pass.

2. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

Snows are migrating. I'm only using a few decoys. As long as no geese are on the ground within sight I can get them to come in. The snows that have been living on the local wetland won't pay any attention. My 5 yr old boy thinks he got one with his daisy red rider bb gun. Priceless

Truman likes this.
  3. Timber Hole

Timber Hole Senior Refuge Member

That's awesome! I killed my first rabbit with a red rider. Rabbit was running and when I shot he rolled and was dead. Shot him right in the eye, a lucky one in a million shot. If you sling enough BB's out of a red rider, eventually one connects.

4. wakenda

I'm not seeing any migrating geese today. Just the same local geese that have been here for two weeks.

5. wakenda

At 4:00 i noticed geese on the ground near my decoy spread. I proceed to the blind d and had non-stop shooting till 5:00 (other than the time that it took to call the house to have more ammo delivered to the blind). Didn't see another goose after 5:00.

6. WHUP ! Hen

WHUP ! Hen Elite Refuge Member

My Grandson and his tribe yesterday and today bagged between 40 and 50 snows somewhere around Kirksville. Happy, Happy, Happy.

7. WHUP ! Hen

My Grandson and his tribe bagged between 40 and 50 yesterday and today somewhere around Kirksville.

8. i_willie12

i_willie12 Elite Refuge Member

wakenda We killed 17 Saturday Pulled several small groups from the SKY! Minor push Friday and sat but Pass aint got much!

wakenda likes this.
  9. WHUP ! Hen

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s what Grandson said, several small bunches. He wanted to see a tornado.

wakenda likes this.
  10. Kansasoutdoorsman

Kansasoutdoorsman Senior Refuge Member

Is anyone seeing any snows showing up or staging back in the NW corner? Didn't know if anything was pushing back south or getting stopped short moving north and building back some numbers.