Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2017 Spring Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Feb 5, 2017.

1. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

These reports kinda sum up the season, it's all screwed up and birds are here or there. Push south, migrating north, juvies, mostly adults, etc. I'd bet most juvies have caught up to most of the adults. Everything is pretty stuck where they're at waiting for thawing in nodak and points north. These little cold snaps push some birds back and then they turn back north with a warm-up.

2. DMitchel50

DMitchel50 New Member

Hunting at Squaw. Killed one yesterday morning, 7 this morning and 0 tonight. Lots of birds still staging here but they were flying high and fast tonight.

3. LonokeMallards

LonokeMallards New Member

There has been a feed of approximately 3,000-4,000 snow geese located a few miles south of Lonoke, Arkansas. They have been hitting the same wheat field for the past three days. Prior to finding this flock, I had only seen around 100 snow geese over the past ten days.

4. travis madden

travis madden Senior Refuge Member

Any snows in South Dakota still?

5. BIGFOOT11

BIGFOOT11 New Member

Slow the last couple days in South Dakota (West of Sioux Falls) then tonight there was lost of birds coming from the south and even north. Birds worked a lot better tonight and killed a few.

6. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

Yes, Yankton area is loaded up right now but will be pushing hard to the north this weekend with the forecast temps. Have not seen many juvies to be honest, mostly adults, but man are there a lot of birds around right now.

7. WLDuckBuster

WLDuckBuster Senior Refuge Member

Just got back from South Dakota.
    Birds are pushing hard north .
    Thursday they were south of 90 Friday they were up by Lake Preston and today I'm sure they're north of there
    We pulled the spread Friday afternoon and then sat in the ditch and pass shot them they were low on the NW wind.
    Good luck and shoot straight.

8. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

Had very good shoots Friday and Saturday with counts of 29 and 51. Today birds just didn't commit very well but still ended with 21. I think this week will really be good.

9. Mainewaterfowler

Mainewaterfowler New Member

Any reports of the goose numbers in Northern New York? I'll be there Thursday and Friday with a guide for a hunt but not seeing much Info around there. Thanks for any Intel.

10. York

York New Member

To the guys around Yankton, are there any birds left down that way. I have been hunting around the Brookings-De Smet area and the adults rolled through last weekend but we never really saw any juvies. They were in and out in about 2 days and I have only seen 2 or 3 very small flocks all week in the area close to Brookings. Are there still some around or south of Yankton that anybody knows of?