Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2017 Spring Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Feb 5, 2017.

1. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

Birds are slim pickings south of Hwy 212

2. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

I haven't seen a snow around here since late last week. Not saying there isn't any, but I wouldn't waste time hunting them around here.

3. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Birds up the yin yang up here and pushing north hard and fast. Huge areas of sheet water forming and the Ducks and geese area loving it!

4. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Still pockets of them in Nebraska.

5. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Nice. I assume very user friendly.

6. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

Well, I'm up near Aberdeen today and quite a few very large flocks were heading south. When the sun came out it was pretty much non stop. Most water here is frozen so I'm guessing that thats what they are trying to find.

7. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Had a heck of a solo hunt Wednesday this past week, shot 40 and 2 bands. 3 of us scouted hard the past few days south of I-90 and didn't find anything worth hunting. Will be moving north starting Tuesday of this week. Heard of some good shoots between Aberdeen and the border

8. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

Hunted South Dakota this weekend. Shot 34 Saturday and 6 Sunday. Saw only about 800 birds on Saturday and half that many Sunday. It was nothing you could really scout. We were set up in a traditionally good field in a good migration corridor. If you weren't siting in a decoy spread you wouldn't have seen most of the birds. 28 of the birds on Saturday were Ross geese. Just couldn't get the snows under 45 yards. If we had some sun we would have shot 50-60. I was hunting between Highway 212 and I90.

9. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

Hunted this weekend and this morning in northern SD. Friday and Sat. on x fields and did ok. Hunted the same field Sunday as Saturday and only killed 5. 3 vehicles scouting and we could not find a feed on Sunday night so just sat in the same sport this morning and did not fire a shot. Time for fishing

10. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

Had some really good solo shoots last week, not huge numbers but very steady hunts. I'm pushing into ND now with most of the big bunches and will be on the northern part of the state for my final 3 weeks of hunting.