Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2017 Spring Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

We did it! We're heroes! Shot 130 in South Dakota Saturday. All traffic birds. Watch for our video on youtube. There will be lots of dramatic music with clips of us setting up decoys and looking cool.:tu

If you didn't stick a decoy spread in the ground and hunt Saturday in South Dakota you really screwed up. It didn't matter where you were you would shoot birds. On a side note, South Dakota is done...there's absolutely no snow geese left in South Dakota. :rolleyes:

2. jcneng

jcneng Senior Refuge Member

Good to hear! post up youtube links so I can find it! Can't wait! I found 3 while in NE turkey hunting!

ArmChair Biologist likes this.
  3. Juvie Juke Box

Juvie Juke Box Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Haha!

Unfortunately for us we didn't sit it out long enough, our roost did some goofy stuff and we hadn't seen a migrator in 3 or 4 days of hunting so we packed it up and headed home. About halfway home had texts of people shooting migrators left and right. Oh well, what do you do. I guess I/we don't have the patience to sit in a spread day after day and see nothing to wait for the one day birds finally come through. Glad people finally got into them though! Might hunt a few more days towards the end of this week.

4. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

Don't pick the spreads up just yet. Still have more to come from Nebraska. Saw a feed yesterday on my way to work. :tu After this front comes thru tonite/tomorrow it clears out and I'd guess these 2 birds :D will hit sodak on Thursday.

ArmChair Biologist likes this.
  5. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

That's a bummer. We started seeing migrators around 9:30 and it was pretty much nonstop until 4:30. We weren't in the northern part of the state either. Looking at the forecast...if it holds...Friday should be another good migration day. Sometimes you just got to stick a spread in the ground and hunt. If I were in South Dakota I would do just that Friday and expect decent results.

6. duck central

duck central Senior Refuge Member

I had some good to very good shoots last Wednesday - this Sunday. Couldn't get many bigger flocks to commit but had singles and small groups working great. This has been a great spring for me, I can't run the huge spreads by my self anymore like when I was young .But still had great results picking the correct fields and running 400-500 decoys. I'm sorry If I didn't get back to some of you but when I would get home for a few days the lady of the house had LOTS of things for me to do. LOL
    Can't wait now for the Walleye's and Perch to start going out here. We are planning a trip back to Wisconsin for Easter to see some of the family.