Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2017 Spring Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Oh almost no doubt on this next one unless something drastically changes. Seen model runs with up to three feet of snow around aberdeen. Most runs now have it more around a foot and a half and the track verys from down just north of you to up in ND. The latest run looks just like the storm back in 02 or what ever year it was where it stacked them up on L&C in the biggest flock ever.

DaPutts likes this.
  2. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

Where ya seeing that Dean? I'm seeing 4" here in Yankton, 6-8 in Huron, and hardly anything for Jamestown.

3. Dean Nelson

The latest run is further south with less snow but it's oscillating back and forth but she's showing some impressive totals at times. This run is now about 24 hours old. It's also starting to show a second storm behind the first that for now is looking to hit NE and KS.

[​IMG]

YanktonSquid likes this.
  4. YanktonSquid

YanktonSquid Senior Refuge Member

The way that is looking there will be plenty of birds trapped ABOVE the snow line :)

DaPutts likes this.
  5. Dean Nelson

Well this mornings run is just weird as hell! It's like the storm hits a ramp at the oahe dam and jumps damn near to I 90! Way to early to look to close at the numbers but the track is very consistent for this far out. This model then brought the second storm right over the same track with another 6 inches or so of snow but that storm is way way to far out and jumping up to 600 miles per run so needless to say HIGHLY UNRELIABLE!

Oh and as for a report birds have apparently been seen as far north as I 94 in ND.

[​IMG]

6. Uncle Fuzzy

Uncle Fuzzy New Member

What's happening around Mound City? We're scheduled for Mar 4, 5, 6. Are there any snows left down South?

Troller likes this.
  7. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

I second this, have the same dates in about the same place.

8. greeny87

greeny87 New Member

I havent heard a word from anyone around Squaw or Mound online in about a week, which generally means they could be on the birds.

jzoo and Troller like this.
  9. hannibal

hannibal Senior Refuge Member

NW Missouri has birds but far from what is normal. I think and hope we are between the adults and juvenile because picking are pretty slow at the moment. I certainly would nor move dates up but also wouldn't span much beyond March 10.......unless of coruse the weather changes significantly which by some reports say it will. Killed 47 over past 5 days in NW Missouri.

Troller likes this.
  10. Pirogue

Pirogue Senior Refuge Member

Migrators still pouring through SEMO today.

P

Troller likes this.