Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

2018-2019 Plantation Bottoms'.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, Mar 2, 2018.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    [​IMG] Morning Gents -
    Here it is, March 2nd, 2018. Its now time to start up a new thread for the year. This one is going to start with HIGH water. Andrew just got back with the report. Fish in the parking lot. He saw a big ole carp trying to get under the gate.

[​IMG]

It is what it is.

[​IMG]

Looks like our junk is beginning to float around the parking lot. I smell clean-up in the future. Aint the first time. Im hoping the Hilton & the Willow Hole blinds are still floating on the spud poles. Its got to be close now.

Me & Maggs..........

2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Wife finally able to walk a bit now without assistance. We'll probably head to the cabin tonight or in the morning, but I don't hold out much hope for fishing. Looking at the water level, I'm expecting the walkway to our boathouse to be about four feet under water, and it's still coming up. I can usually look at water level and temp and come up with a starting point and game plan from there. Right now I'm not even sure where I can put in.

3. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Bill -
    Im sure glad to hear about your Missus'! I'll bet she is glad to be moving around a tad also! whether you are fishin' or just lookin at something different, at least that's something! Good for you guys..

I aint sure what happened to my pixs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me & Maggs.........

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Morning -
    Me & Maggs went over to the Bottoms' yesterday to take a look-see with the water. We found that its dropping. Yep! A whole 4".

[​IMG]

Its now off of the shed floor. The old Chicken Snake and keeps the mice under control don't like the water in there either. Maggs don't care one way or the other.

[​IMG]

Its always a mess when this stuff(not Stuff') happens. Looks like we are going to have several clean up days when it goes down. I was able to count 4 blinds still in place so that's great. At least we aint chasing those things down.......

Me & Maggs......

5. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I think you might get your 4" back this weekend.

6. rtjrex & MollyAnn

You just might be right. The only thing helping now is that there is a 3' culvert going under the road that dumps onto the Steam plant property. Its running through there now and relieving some water for us.

7. GUNNERX2

Have they finished working on the ash pond? Seems like it's been a long time gettin' done.

8. rtjrex & MollyAnn

Hi Stevie -
    Heavens' no! Now they were ordered by a federal judge that all of the ash ponds have to be drained and all of the ash in the ponds have to be hauled out and put in a dry disposal area and covered. Billions of dollars will be spend on this effort. TVA is buying up property all around the area. Its going to be a nightmare in the future.
    Its pretty much ruined good hunting in that area of the lake. We're holding on just because its comfortable and home for us. At least it aint public hunting.. That says a bunch.

Since they started doing their thing over there, the Bottoms' are really changing. Ponds where there were no ponds, water not draining like it did years before, areas sinking down 6 to 8" all over the area, etc... They show and look and sctatch their heads, then say, oh, its not us... Its natural.

Me & Maggs...........

9. GUNNERX2

The ash pond did hold a lot of ducks and affected the hunting on the lake in that area as well as the bottoms, I'm sure. It was kinda double whammy when they started all that activity AND the milfoil disappeared. Poor ole duck hunter can't catch a break.

10. rtjrex & MollyAnn

I reckon thats progress, pure and simple for the Gov't. Im pretty sure Im not on their Christmas Card list now.
    A year ago in Oct. 2016 thru Nov. 2017 they wanted to take weekly readings of something on their computer and depth readings. They ran a cable out in the middle with somekind of something on the end of it that they plugged into their laptop every week. When Nov. came, I told them no more readings of anytype and no trespassing, period. They couldnt understand why. They forgot the letter from TVA of the time it ended. 4 different folks with TVA tried to run over me on this. I told them I would have them arrested for trespassing just as they would have me arrested if I were doing the same thing on their property. They no longer check the readings now and when the water comes down their equipment is getting pulled out by the tractor and piled up on their side of the road.

There is just no working with them. Im holding steady on this.

Me & Maggs...........