2018 Migration Reports

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by Mack Molloy, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

Another year is upon us and starting to here reports of teal showing up. Fountain Grove started pumping around August 1st and hopefully, timely rains will keep Grand River high enough to continue pumping.

Gill’s Camp is completely dry and we hope to start pumping around September 1st. Low water levels might force local agencies to restrict irrigation and pumping to preserve water in Central Missouri. (Livingston County)

Hope everyone has a great year!

Truman likes this.
  2. linhardt

linhardt Senior Refuge Member

Just came across something interesting..... Keep in mind I know nothing about meteorology and I have not keep yearly personal waterfowl hunting season records so my input on this is probably of little value. I am merely posting this so that others that might have experience or hunting records could possibly help themselves figure out what type of season could be on the horizon this year. But from what I gather from this gentleman's winter prediction it should possibly follow what it was for 2014 - 2015. What are some of your opinions after watching this video?

3. Mack Molloy

Mack Molloy Elite Refuge Member

DucksCapture.PNG
    Just got this email from DU with Fall Flight Predictions...

4. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

Lot's of teal around this morning.

5. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

What part of the state you in Wakenda? I haven't seen many yet in St Charles County. Of course I'm not right where they want to be either but I'll see birds during spring/fall.

6. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

seen the first teal yesterday in mid Missouri

7. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor Flyway Manager

Starting to think Macks False Fall is becoming a reality, yesterday outside doing some work around the house and a flight of what looked to me like Pintails came over, definitely weren't Teal way to big for Teal.

Mack Molloy likes this.
  8. TooTall

TooTall Elite Refuge Member

Saw a small bunch of bluewings this morning in Central MO. Looking at the forecast for eastern ND I’d expect a larger exodus of teal from the prairies to begin Monday next week.

9. wakenda

wakenda Senior Refuge Member

West side of grand pass. The bar pits and river holes had blue wings.

10. Truman

Truman Refuge Member

With the amount of rain in the Dakotas there are going to be flooded grain fields everywhere. They just started cutting beans this week but will now be delayed. I know it is early but the birds are going to find a couple of good pockets until a freeze will push them out.

WHUP ! Hen likes this.