2018 RNT Daisy Cutter

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Smirk, Nov 24, 2018.

1. jjseman

jjseman Senior Refuge Member

Ive got the 40th and the 2018- honstley not much difference that you couldn’t achieve with trimming the reed. Side note: Do ALL rnt calls stick? This is my fourth, and probably my last. My other calls with, spit grooves, never give me sticking issues.i love the rnt sound, but I simply find them unreliable to the point where I will not hunt with them.

2. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

A quick search here in the calling forum,would give you days of reading about the proficiency of RNT calls being sticky ,no matter the material.
    I ran both the short barrel and daisy cutter for many seasons,until I found another call maker and never had to deal with sticking issues ever again.

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

I've run one RNT or another every open season day for longer than most here have probably hunted and not had a sticking issue since learning the value of fresh cork. Maybe an individual's air presentation issue, maybe just cork...

OneShotBandit likes this.
  4. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator

And maybe just an inherently sticky call design for more than a few thousand people.
    They didn't get the Stick-N-Tone name for not being prone to sticking by a whole lot of people.

5. Rick Hall

If you can't run 'em without sticking, you can't run 'em without sticking. Wouldn't argue with that. I couldn't run three of this board's darlings (albeit one's since fallen from grace) without them changing tone with changes in toneboard attitude. And those three favorites here have been the only ones of the way hey and back too many calls I've owned, let alone run, to act up like that. Just how it is I guess.

But the point remains that there are still "more than a few thousand people" who run RNTs without issues.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    OneShotBandit likes this.
  6. Stealyourface

Stealyourface Refuge Member

I have a 40th anniversary DC in acrylic and a 2018 in cocobolo. I love the 40th, but the 2018 is a little bit easier to blow and a little less harsh.

7. Big Gun

Big Gun Senior Refuge Member

All I blow, never had an issue, Originals, Daisy Cutters, NOS, Timbre, SB.

8. dgp1717

dgp1717 New Member

I'll start by saying that I don't blow a Daisy Cutter and never have. So I can't offer an experience-based opinion.

With that said, I have watched and listened to hundreds, if not thousands, of duck call sound files over the last several years. The sound file found at the link below is what I have determined to be the greatest sound file I've ever heard. I know everyone has different styles and preferred tones, etc., but for me, it cannot get any better ... and it's a RNT Daisy Cutter (presumably a 2018 by the date of the video).

9. Rick Hall

That Indian has a pretty strong hand.