2019-2020 season set

Discussion in 'Missouri Flyway Forum' started by 3labman, Apr 12, 2019.

1. 3labman

3labman Senior Refuge Member

Ducks

Season:

• North Zone: Nov. 2 through Dec. 31
    • Middle Zone: Nov. 9 - 15 and Nov. 21 through Jan. 12, 2020
    • South Zone: Nov. 28 through Dec. 1 and Dec. 7 through Jan. 31, 2020
    Bag Limit: 6 ducks daily with species restrictions of:

• 4 mallards (no more than 2 females)
    • 3 scaup
    • 3 wood ducks
    • 2 redheads
    • 2 hooded mergansers
    • 1 pintail (new limit)
    • 2 canvasbacks
    • 2 black ducks
    • 1 mottled duck

2. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

Hold on, did they ever explicitly say that the middle zone split was framed around deer season? I mean, I had no doubt that it was, but the past two years North/Middle opened on the same day and middle had the split and extra week at the end. Now, since deer season is the 16th, middle opens a week later than north to align the split with rifle deer, and gets two weeks more at the end.

I had some initial plans set assuming it middle would open same day as north .... well there goes that.....

And for my vote, the middle zone split should be in early December. I get the sentiment that some people, and likely the agents themselves, highly desire to hunt deer with their families, but don't think that should affect the proper timing of a waterfowl season.

3. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

Dang it Pintails back to 1. They just need to leave it there until they are sure about the birds status.......and to avoid confusion by flipping it back and forth every other year!

4. Duckman Racing

Duckman Racing Elite Refuge Member

Not perfect, but it's an improvement.

i_willie12 likes this.
  5. N3ckBe@rdSkyBust3r

N3ckBe@rdSkyBust3r Senior Refuge Member

Well at least I can get me 15 coots still

Sunklands likes this.
  6. cam

cam Elite Refuge Member

SURE GLAD THEY HAVE THE SPLIT STILL IN THERE . NOT

7. Sunklands

Sunklands Elite Refuge Member

Nothing like a swat on poule d’eau, while swimming single file through D.C.’s smartweed and cocklebur food plots.

10GAGENUT likes this.
  8. 10GAGENUT

10GAGENUT Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

You mean like a couple of years ago how they were reporting record numbers of ducks?? Job Justification all I can figure.

9. captaininsano050

captaininsano050 Senior Refuge Member

Season dates are just weird. Don't know what else to say.

And why plan around deer season? If there want a split why not take a couple of weeks off. We must be the only state who does a 5 day deer season split.

10. longshot

longshot Senior Refuge Member

Open middle zone the first Saturday of November (like it has been) through the 10th of December then add the split after that. Take remaining days left and go to the last legal date allowed and add them going back toward the first of January. In my area our first big mallard migration is Always within a day or two of the 11th of november. The best mallard migration in this area is from then through the end of november. With this current split we lose 5 days in the best mallard migration of the year!!!!! The hunting in this area falls off significantly after the 10th of December. So move the days AFTER then to the end of the allowed dates. This will have season open from the 11/11-12/10 to take advantage of the migration. Then the remaining 3+- weeks at the end of the season will make the "later is better" guys happy. In my opinion losing ANY days in the month of november is a huge mistake. Moving my area of the middle zone into the south zone would be a catastrophic failure!!!!!!

Sunklands and 3labman like this.