Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

2019 Conservation Season Snow Goose Reports

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by KEN, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Anyone hunting SW Iowa/Squaw Creek/ SE Nebraska check the roads before leaving and watch the water levels. All this water is headed that way.

2. Birdsgalore

Birdsgalore New Member

Finally got spread set. Took all day hauling decoys out into field due to all the water around. Non stop flyers though the whole time going by heading north to help keep adranaline going. Quite a few went back to the south towards evening so hopefully tomorrow will pay for today's work.

3. Birdsgalore

Birdsgalore New Member

Well yesterday it was waves of geese all day long, set spread and sat from daylight till 3pm and have seen very very few and the ones I seen are dots in the sky and almost touching the moon. Very dissapointed. Thinking it's over before it started here in Nebraska.

4. ROBERT Pettit

ROBERT Pettit New Member

Hunted north central mo last 3 days 6 hunters 31 snows and Ross 1 Julie been strange hunt lots mud but better than working good luck to hunters and flood victims

5. Birdsgalore

Birdsgalore New Member

Someone please tell me that the geese didn't just go through nebraska in one big push in one day. Geese all day while carrying decoys out into the muddy fields and setting up, then next day I see very very few and reports of very large amounts already in south south dakota. I find these confusing since 90% of the birds were all traveling SW all day long. ???????????????????????

6. SUPERHOPPER

SUPERHOPPER New Member

Had a good hunt yesterday, 2 guys 21 snows and 24 Ross. Hunting was good first 2 hours and last 2 hours of the day. Hunted in the Hannibal Missouri area.

7. flockschwaggler

flockschwaggler New Member

I’m a little south of you and they all pushed right through... seen the first 2 white birds last Saturday the 9th and then being thick at the Kansas border on Sunday and a steady migration each day with Thursday being the thick with a couple feeds that lasted 2 days all left and virtually no birds migrating yesterday. Had large contentrations on Thursday/Friday that were gone Saturday. Drove to the border yesterday to only see seagulls was unable to set a spread this year... thinking about going and looking this morning but don’t see there being any here think they pushed into the Dakota’s all in a week

8. jolle

jolle Elite Refuge Member

Yeah that's a great hunt on any year but especially this one. Could you tell if the birds were staged in the area or migrators just for that day?

9. SUPERHOPPER

SUPERHOPPER New Member

10. SUPERHOPPER

SUPERHOPPER New Member

I would say we caught a migration. We are out this morning and shot 4 so far but are not seeing many. We did get a band yesterday. Adult blue banded in 2007 in Texas.

hunting1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.