Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

22 rimfire ammo

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by gnpnast, Apr 16, 2014.

1. gnpnast

gnpnast Senior Refuge Member

Are you Canadians experiencing the ammo shortages, specifically 22 long rifle, that we in the US are having ? Hope not as it is not allowing my grandkids the shooting opportunities I'd like them to have. Thanks

2. BlueDevil

BlueDevil Senior Refuge Member

It's hit and miss here. If I went to the gun store I can readily find .22 ammo. It might not be the type of ammo I prefer to shoot but atleast it's ammo.

3. TonyMo

TonyMo Elite Refuge Member

Bricks of .22 LR is getting a little hard to find.

However, unlike the US, we can get Chinese/Communist country surplus like
    .223/5.56 and 7.62X39 in good supply. Although it seems that is starting to dry up.

4. Goosekiller

Goosekiller Senior Refuge Member

Very sad this hoarding is causing us to lose a generation of hunters and shooters. I too can't find 22lr. Hopefully it will correct itself soon, but there seems to be no end in sight.

5. Barry Keicks

Barry Keicks Senior Refuge Member

rare as hens teeth up here too

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

I bought buckets of them at Cabelas on sale, so I'm good for at least 10 years.:D. I prefer the CDN CIL if I can get them anyway.

7. LA.Call'emClose

LA.Call'emClose Elite Refuge Member

Try finding .22 short ammo...that's what I'd really like to find. Big boy bbgun needs to be fed

8. dakndug

dakndug Moderator Moderator

When in MB last fall we came across a gas station with bout 15 boxes of .22 and 5 boxes 22. mag. So we scooped em up. Came across the border and were told to take em back or get charged with smuggling ammo! I asked why, we are declaring it. They would not let us bring it into the US. But the shotgun shells we bought were fine??? Were told you had to be an importer to bring it in! DUMB!

Doug

9. whiskyjack

whiskyjack Refuge Member

We Canadians can't buy ammo in the USA and bring it back to Canada either, under US law not Canadian.

22 ammo has dried up around my area in the last month or so. LGS had some last week but I suspect it is gone. Walmart and Canadian Tire haven't had any for quite a while now.

Haven't seen any 44 mag in my area for almost a year, quality shotgun shells are scarce. Not looking good. I buy stuff when I see as I travel around the province. Some parts of the province have good stocks but outlying towns....yikes.

10. LA.Call'emClose

LA.Call'emClose Elite Refuge Member

22hornet 22magnum and 17hmr are also tough to find down here. Tons of 223 and 308 on the shelves