4 Rivers EBADS Reviews

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Clayton, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Clayton

Clayton Elite Refuge Member

Looking at one of these. Even though I probably will not get it until to next year.

2. EWUEagles

EWUEagles Senior Refuge Member

I have had mine for about a month and only had it in the water twice so far. I just haven't had time and it isn't hunting season yet but it will be out a lot once that starts. The boat seems very well made and my buddy who owns a momarsh commented on how nice the seams are. The boat is light enough to move by myself but heavy enough I'm glad I put it on a trailer. I got a jet ski trailer and modified it a bit to make it work, but it's an awesome set up. When you order make sure you order all the accessories you want because it will save on shipping. If you try to order it after the shipping, it will kill you. I highly recommend getting a long tail or better yet a surface drive motor. I have an outboard and currently not happy with how it pushes the boat. Tom at 4 rivers said with a 9.9 I should be getting around 25mph and I'm getting around 10 mph. I think I will get it dialed in but currently haven't. It seems like most people run copperheads on them. The boat seems to hold up very well, I don't have first hand data but from guys I talk to they are getting good results. I have seen photos of guys boat that had 5 years of hard use and the bottom looked pretty good and needed no repairs. I plan on babying mine a little more but that's just me. Tom at 4 Rivers is really top notch guy. The number on his web site is his personal cell phone number and if he doesn't answer he will call you back if you leave a message. He's also very fast at texting or even Facebook message. I can't really speak high enough about his customer service.

Clayton likes this.
  3. Clayton

Clayton Elite Refuge Member

Sounds encouraging. I had strongly considered a Momarsh dp or refuge runner but wanted a boat with more than a 2 hp motor and still be low profile. I was thinking a 15 hp outboard though I know that is a little above specs. Wonder if it is a weight issue or torque on the transom? Is there much room under the front deck for decoys?

4. EWUEagles

Tom told me that it would handle a 15 hp but I wouldn't need the extra horse power. I think my problem is either the motor is too low or not running as well as I think it is. I don't think it's a boat problem. The weight between a 15 and 9.9 is like 10 lbs in most boats so it's not a real issue. I did put a transom saver on and I would recommend that while traveling. There is actually quite a bit of room up front. I think I could put a dozen duck decoys under the deck. I can put me and 2 dozen bigfoot floaters in my boat. I know some guys will also pull sleds when they think they need more decoys.

5. Constructeur

Constructeur Senior Refuge Member

EWU,
    What made you get an EBADS over a Momarsh Fatback?

6. EWUEagles

My first reason was that the motor rating. It is nice having a bigger motor on the boat. Guys are throwing 23hp mud motors on EBADs and I really doubt you can get that on the Fatback. Then my biggest reason was customer service. I called MoMarsh actually first because I have a friend who had a fatboy and likes it. I found them rude and very off putting. I actually called back a second time and asking to talk to someone different and got a very similar response. So then I called Tom and I think talked to him for 30-40 minutes and I think he would of talked longer if I had more questions. He is always very easy to get a hold of and will answer any question I ever had and trust me I had a lot. If you're ever around Spokane let me know and I will give you a ride in my EBADs.

Constructeur likes this.
  7. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

Can't speak to EBADS, but my buddy has a Refuge Runner and likes it. He has a PPF 6.5 HP mud motor on it and has no issues. They are technically only rated for 2HP but the PPF is perfectly safe.

8. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

I had a Momarsh fatboy and easily poked a hole in the nose while unloading from the jet ski trailer I use. Customer service stunk when I was simply asking a few repair questions. Got it fixed at an auto body shop and then sold it out of principle. Never had the ebad but do have a refuge runner. I bought it straight from Tom at his shop 3-4 yrs ago. Absolutely the best guy in the business for customer service and quality. I wouldn't hesitate at all to go with him on your purchase.