40th Anniversary RNT's

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by jrode237, Jul 13, 2016.

1. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Feedback? Been skeptical of all the limited editions of the past few years but these have me pretty interested. Anyone that has owned/tried them care to comment? Not so much the original but the SB and DC? Are they similar to their early, highly sought after counterparts? Heard John's soundfiles and they sound legit.

2. okduckswatter

okduckswatter Refuge Member

I've heard them and talked to several people about the DC and the shortbarrel and they all say it feels and sounds like the good Ol days. As in when the DC and shortbarrel were awesome

Paul Houghton likes this.
  3. wfowl7

wfowl7 Refuge Member

Would like to hear thoughts and reviews as well on the new RNT 40th anniversary duck calls.

4. DMBgoosehunter13

DMBgoosehunter13 Elite Refuge Member

Get you a 40th Short Barrel. I have one. Love it really ducky, can lean on it, more volume, and has a lot of ducks in it. Have been hearing great things about the Daisy cutter as well. Most are comparing it to the original Daisy Cutters that everyone is paying $300-800 for. 40th Daisy Cutter $129.99. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The new Mondo LT is getting rave reviews too. Jimbos soundfile on that was great. Awesome low end.

5. jrode237

Will defentiely be getting a 40th SB but it's hard when you leave a message requesting a special mix of colors (that they stock and would simply need to assemble from 2 calls) and can't even get a call back......
    OSDC prices are nuts and most guys paying what they are are putting them in a collection. Will probably pick up one of the 40th DC'S too.
    That LT does sound nice but I tried a handful of cutdowns and they weren't worth the effort required to blow them. Where I hunt at least.

6. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

Just got my 40th DC yesterday.
    IMHO it is very reminiscent to those OSDC's,nasty sounding call.
    The 40th OG is a very good call as well,thinking real hard about picking up a SB to round it all out.

7. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

These aren't custom calls they aren't offering mix and match colors.
    Call the shop 1-888-768-2255 and ask to speak with Cole Wilson (Individual Sales Assistant).
    He will be more than happy to explain to you how these calls will be offered to the public........(he's a super nice guy ).
    It always blows me away how the color of a call is a make it or break it part of the deal.:yes

8. jrode237

Left a message for Cole on Monday, no response. Called back thursday, left another message for some gal (in hopes maybe a return call would happen), no response. Might just order from Macks.

9. jrode237

Don't forget about the Basspro only run of Timbres.

10. jrode237

Also seen Cabelas is doing a blackout 40th original.