45 Hyper Performance Numbers

Discussion in 'Mud Motors' started by Mud Doctor, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Mud Doctor

Mud Doctor Elite Refuge Member

I know some of you are anxious to get these numbers.

Just ran the 45 HD Sport today, first production unit. Broken in with 10 hours. It dinos at 44.5 h.p. at 4400 rpm. Motor is built for 5500, but we don't want to run it that hard. This motor is currently governed for 4400 to 4500. We finally figured out how to change the internal governor components and it is very stable.

1848 Legend square front ribbed, .100 hull, extended front deck and 2 pod seats. Auto clutch. Regular transom, no HuntDeck.

One person, dog, some safety gear and tools in gunbox, and light catfish gear.

Deep water 34.6 mph
    Shallow 35.9
    stock prop
    (should see 2 mph above that at sea level with same lightweight boat, skiff should be higher, GT 20 Huntdeck slightly lower.)

The drive ran best with the prop fully submerged. Surface run created no mph gain and it pulled a bunch (the skeg is adjustable and we took the pull out later in the day, however no speed increase.) Great bottom end. Ramps up very fast, lots of prop slip on acceleration, not wanted, but fun.

Will put the new exhaust on it this week and should gain a few, however, I really don't care at this point, it runs great the way it is.

Had slightly higher vibration than stock 35. Will probably need to put a handle vibration pad on handle frame mount. Burned 93 octane and we should go to 100 or 103, some spark knock after it warmed up.

Now, don't get excited folks, we are only going to make a handful of these motors this year. After this season, we will consider offering them again. Has $1600 in mods and has a 90 day MB warranty on mods. One year warranty on other motor and drive components. :tu

2. Auto

Auto Banned

:yes :yes :D :dv :clap

3. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

THATS NICE I DONT CARE WHO YOU ARE :tu :yes :clap

4. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

Did you bare foot behind it?

5. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

That sounds great, the muffler swap should help the motor breath even better.

Isn't the stock internal governor good for 4500+, If not what needs to be changed?

The reason, I ask is because I have spun my 23 van at 5200 for over an hour (with rev-kit and no load) on the bench and haven't noticed any problems.

What rpm is it running in the water?

6. sandman7655

sandman7655 Elite Refuge Member

i believe he is turning 4500 in the water :tu

7. duck stalker

duck stalker Senior Refuge Member

hey if anyone wants to trade up with their 35 hyper sport, let me know i will buy it off ya!

8. Sprigger 04

Sprigger 04 Senior Refuge Member

Thats a lot of extra cash for 5 or 6mph. :no

9. Duckman Dan

Duckman Dan Elite Refuge Member

Just think Springer, in an hour you can be 6 miles further up river then the guy with a 31hp :tu

10. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Nab, just because GD doesn't want to play in the souped up game doesn't mean you have to rain on the parade of those who have the cash and want to pony up for the mods.

With all due respect, your comments sound like sour grapes.