5 pin flat trailer plug

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Zane, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

I had a pin break off on the plug and now only my brake lights and turn signals work. I've been trying to find a new plug I can just use the existing wires but can't find one. Do I have to replace the entire wire harness? All I can seem to find online is the plug with 4-10 ft of wire already attached. I get I can splice that into the existing wire, but I'd rather be able to use the old wire and wire it directly into the new plug.

2. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Tractor supply, Northern Tool. Or maybe Harbor Freight. I think I have seen just the plug ( male or female) with a short pigtail available.

3. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

He doesn't want a pigtail. He wants just the plug, no wires.

OP, because the plug is sealed, I doubt you will find what you want. I 'guess' someone would make a plug with female connections, which you would then have to fill in with silicon or something, but I can see why they wouldn't.

Tuleman and Zane like this.
  4. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

I believe that you're going to have to make a spice somewhere. I haven't seen a plug of any sort that didn't have the wires molded in. Amazon has a 5 pin flat plug with just a few inches of wire attached for splicing but that configuration may not match your vehicle plug.

5. Zane

Zane Senior Refuge Member

That is what I was afraid of. The one I have now is 4 male pins and 1 female. It has 7 wires coming out of it, 2 white, 2 brown, 1 yellow, 1 green and 1 blue.

I'll most likely have to just splice a new one in. I was just curious if anyone knew of a plug only for sale.

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I don't recall ever seeing a plug without a pigtail; gonna have to splice. Use some good marine heat shrink with adhesive and it'll be fine.

Tuleman likes this.