6.3 magnitude earthquake detected in North Korea.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Can China withstand a protracted war with the U.S.? They have a lot of assets over there and Taiwan and Japan won't be easy knock overs.

2. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

I am not worried about China, they don't want a WWIII because they cannot feed the nation population without the worlds support or grow its economy. Now that the masses have had some western influence, they will not be the meek that NK population is.

The wild card in this is fat roll! He is unstable and just as likely to pull the trigger to show he has big balls! That prospect is not good period. China I believe knows this, don't want the fall out from a lot of things that would occur if he launches or starts the war! Refugees to nuke radiation in the region!

3. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Knocking off NK creates a big plus opportunity for China to pick up more ocean access to support their international trade intentions.

4. Ron Gilmore

API do you think now that the leaders in China are saying man we screwed up on this one!! We should have taken his butt out a long time ago. My guess is they thought the NK where a long ways off from this!

5. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

The missile components are alleged to be of Russian design and/or origin and the rocket motors are bought from Ukraine. So if this is true there is more involved here than just the Chinese.

6. API

When it comes to countries of the world that matter, NK is pretty much a pimple on the butt. As long as the pimple doesn't fester its tolerated. NK has now pretty much reached the carbuncle state. Just don't see NK being tolerated much longer especially by China who has the most to gain should NK disappear. Other than access to oceans, even a well behaved NK has nothing of interest to anyone.

7. Ron Gilmore

There is the Russian component to this, and maybe like Cuba, Russia was playing the cold war tactic of arming a neighbor or a neighbor to an ally! I was a bit young to remember Cuban missile crisis. Read a lot about it and listened to people who lived it on the front lines.

China I bet is wishing they had worked and prevented any Russian involvement with the fat roll!

8. API

IMHO, Russia is just stirring the pot and waiting for someone else to take initiative. More than likely Russia just wants NK to disappear.

9. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

So...we're at a Y in the road...take one path and risk millions dying...take another and risk millions dying.

What we appear to be hoping for is a political miracle or an excellent Chinese marksman.

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

The World's fate is literally at risk of one man's decision. I'm not even sure Trump could order a unilateral nuke attack without certain check offs from others.

However Kim can and three "lucky" hits on the U.S. or more likely Japan who has an ancient not so good history with North Korea and boom...there goes the dynamite

Proposition...could Putin be hoping and helping Kim so we get in an Asian war so he can run across Europe with us tied up in Asia with Kim slinging Hydrogen bombs like clay pigeons at a sporting clays tourney?