Decoy Forum Sponsors

A couple repaints

Discussion in 'Decoy Forum' started by Billy Bob, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I haven't been feeling the carving bug or working with wood in any way so I have been playing with repainting plastics. The pics show why I haven't wanted to work with wood. My hands are so unsteady that I can't hold the camera still enough to get clear pics.

1208181629.jpg 1208181631.jpg

2. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

Look good. I hear ya on the unsteady hands! I can't paint a straight line to save my life. Y'all kill harlequins?

WHUP ! Hen and Billy Bob like this.
  3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Don't worry about your hands, my eyes aren't good enough to see clear anyway. :l:l

Was 6 degrees here this morning so I worked inside. Those ducks will work just fine. :tu

WHUP ! Hen and Billy Bob like this.
  4. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Elite Refuge Member

I had surgery on my mouth last week and still haven't got back to normal after being knocked out.

We used to hunt Harli's but haven't chased them for years after I got one for my mount. I've only ever fired 1 shot at them because I got a mounter with that shot. A friend has killed at least 10 and several others that have hunted with us have got one for a mount. The repaints are because a friend and his kid want to chase them. The colors on the decoy are taken directly from a mounted bird. Had to do a lot of mixing to get them to match.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  5. creedsduckman

creedsduckman Elite Refuge Member

It looks right to me, I'm sure the ducks will think the same. I can see where killing 1 or 2 would be plenty. I wouldn't mind shooting one one day but I can't imagine I'd want to keep after them. They are pretty little birds.