A frame or similar blind

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by set "em" down, Nov 1, 2016.

1. set "em" down

set "em" down Refuge Member

How many of you using a A frame or similar blind are hunting mostly resident geese..

2. Island_Outdoors

Island_Outdoors Refuge Member

We use a few of the Avian X A-Frame Blinds in the early season. Easy to set-up & have worked very well. Tanglefree also released the panel blind this season which looks slightly cheaper.

Attached Files:

3. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

It's what we use most the time. Can build one out of 2x4s and wire fairly cheap. Cut a piece of 3/4 plywood for a door on one end.

Attached Files:

4. shirtguy

shirtguy Elite Refuge Member

Zinger blinds. Awesome for one man

5. Back2Maryland

Back2Maryland Senior Refuge Member

Use them quite a bit all through the season. I make mine from 2x2 which keeps them really light weight.

B2M

6. MDcanvasback

MDcanvasback Elite Refuge Member

Use them all season brushed with evergreens. Have heavy wooden ones that are deployed using a landscaping trailer and stay for the season. We also use mobile ones made from two fence gates and sign post aluminum bar.

7. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Since nobody answered your question... I will.

Stand up blinds are very common place where I grew up hunting, the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The majority of birds there are wintering migrators. By the end of the season they have been there for 2-3 months so they might as well be residents.

8. Jbyrd88

Jbyrd88 Refuge Member

I bought two Tanglefree panel blinds and have had good success with them. I really like the option of using them as a full blind with front and back cover (which fits four comfortably and can hunt five) or as just a front side cover for tree lines or brushy grassy fence rows. We had a cut corn field with no real cover other than two thin standing rows left down the middle of the field. We put two panel blinds side by side on those rows, brushed them in and hunted eight guys with good success. They only take one man to set up, unlike the Avian-X ones that need at least two guys to set up the tubing and cover. My opinion they offer a lot more options for cover, easy to set up, and can conceal more guys with one full blind (2 panels for a a front and back) depending on how your using it, like on a tree line. With the Avians you would need two of them for eight guys no matter what or where you placed them. On panel can even hide one or two guys fully covered.

9. Boo

Boo Refuge Member

We use a home made blind made out of tubing covered with netting and brush it in to match whatever we are hunting in. We use them all year. I my area the birds seem to be catching on to the layout blinds because everyone is using them.