A Little Surprised...

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by marshmob, Aug 5, 2018.

1. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

...to see Foiles have a booth at the Rogers show. He was hooked up with Rok Outdoors but flying a big Foiles banner. I can honestly say it was disappointing that Rogers had him there.

2. Wiscoduckhunt

Wiscoduckhunt Refuge Member

I guess I can go either way now .... He did time for what he did and lost his duck club...you don't have to buy his calls ... He has rebranded himself and who knows maybe he has changed. Maybe he hasn't changed and some day we will find out again and all the major retailers will drop them again ... I ordered Reeds from them last year and spoke with Cole...maybe he is running the show now.

No body is perfct. Being a Christian I guess I am programmed to forgive. At least he got pinched and paid a penalty .... I am sure.there were some other industry Insiders who were along on those hunts that got off clean.....

3. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

Yes. He has paid his time and money. He has as much right to be there as anybody else.

Lslu60 likes this.
  4. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

He’s had a booth there for years. Cole is running things and a good kid.

5. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

Nothing like kicking a man when he is down, sure makes ya feel good don't it

Lslu60 and OneShotBandit like this.
  6. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

It’s not about kicking anyone and apparently he isn’t down because he was there. I just didn’t expect it.

7. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I am not a Foiles fan but he paid his debt to society based on his sentence. He needs to be able to make a living. You can choose to buy products or not that he is associated with. Wouldn't bother me and if you didn't know who he was and just talked hunting, it probably would be a good conversation. As I turned 55 this year, life is too short to worry about things I can't control.

callinfowl and OneShotBandit like this.
  8. Rangerbob

Rangerbob Senior Refuge Member

I met him at a DU festival years ago and spent a good bit of time talking with him before buying a goose call. I had been to the Burns Hunt Club to hunt with Tim Grounds the year before and he remembered my lab. I really liked the guy and was sorry to hear how he screwed up. But like Birdman said he paid his debt and should be allowed to get on with his life.

OneShotBandit likes this.
  9. tornadochaser

tornadochaser Elite Refuge Member

Meh. If waterfowl expos were attended by company faces who were all perfect & legal their entire lives, we'd have some pretty empty expos.

10. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

My experiences with him way prior to his legal troubles were not impressive. He had his core group of guys and was all nice and helpful until his cronies showed up and then customers were ignored while they would set around and tell each other how great they were. I had 2 friends that were on his calling staff so I got to see a lot first hand.

He like a ton of others started out with Timmy Grounds and moved off to start their own call business's. Although he was the only one who threatened to sue people that I am aware of.

My dislike for him has nothing to do with his legal troubles, lets face it we all have at one time or the other done something illegal or unethical and he got caught and paid his dues so in my book no reason why he cannot try and regain some foothold in the industry.

For the record I have one of the numbered SMH goose calls and use the call it is tuned perfectly for me
    Mayes

GK1 and freefall like this.