A new heart

Discussion in 'Christian Forum' started by Buffalo Howler, Sep 2, 2017.

1. dukbill

dukbill Refuge Member

By the way...I'm a crap typer. So my responses take a while to type! :)

2. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho Moderator Flyway Manager

It does. It conflicts somewhat in my mind, but that again may be my interpretation. The "Accept Him and done" part is what conflicts for me. I fully understand that we do not "earn" our way in to heaven, and that we never could. I understand that Christ is the only way for us to return, that there is no way we can just do good work and be saved. What conflicts for me is the "and done", part.

I agree fully with where you say that as we draw closer to Him that we want to change, to grow more and learn more about Him and what He wants of us. That to me doesn't seem like "and done". Or is that just splitting hairs? I guess if I interpret the "and done" as "saved" versus "not saved", maybe that's the difference?

I appreciate your reply - thanks again.

3. dukbill

dukbill Refuge Member

...and that IS what I meant! Nothing else you "do", makes you more "saved". There's a whole belief-system, around "when you're once saved, you're always saved", but that's not what I'm talking about.

Thanks for taking the time to read! Have a good one and happy hunting!

4. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

If God saves you your saved. If your adopted He's not unadopting you. If your covered by His blood it's permanent. You can not live a Christian life without the assurance of Christ. Your never going to grow if you don't believe the seed planted will never bear fruit.

5. dukbill

dukbill Refuge Member

Better said, Buffalo Hunter!

6. Buffalo Howler

Buffalo Howler Senior Refuge Member

Or put the old heart back.

7. Pastor

Pastor Senior Refuge Member

My relationship with my earthly father is father and son. There is no situation that can erase that relationship even if fellowship has been broken. He can never be not my father and I can never be not his son. I feel my relationship with my heavenly father is the same.
    True forgiveness is not conditional and covers all. I was forgiven for all I had done, for all I was doing and for all I was gonna do. That is true grace.

Grace means "unmerited favor" theres nothing I can do to earn it because then it wouldn't be grace.

God bless