A new Layout boat is born...

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by TonyH, Nov 4, 2017.

1. TonyH

TonyH Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

We have been working on this boat for quite some time and tonight we Put it in the test pool and tested the boat ti USCG test standards. We rated this boat for 620lbs person and 690lbs person and gear. When we were done we were way over the required weight placed in the ****pit for the 690lb capacity rating. We need 2200 and change in weight and we toppled that by adding 2500 and change. Don't have the test data sheets here for exact numbers. The boat actually tested at over 750lbs capacity rating. We will leave it at 690 and a huge room for extra.

This new boat weighs 250lbs on the button and we have a 10% margin in this number. The boat features some pretty amazing features, things like a rubber rub rails, Built in shell holders, Removable padded head rests, And lastly a towable hull, A fresh new design straight out of the drawing book and one like you have never seen. Stay tuned for the release video and photos of the New Abductor 2 man towable layout boat.

Here is it loaded with a over a TON of steel in 6 crates placed in the ****pit and still not taking on water.
    new layout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
    WestKyHunt and calstefanko like this.
  2. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

Is this the one you tested in the kiddie pool that was bottomed out?

3. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

Where can I find out more about this?

4. coachcornbread

It was on one of the many FB pages he moderates. I got the boot for questioning it.

5. bufflehead1

bufflehead1 Senior Refuge Member

That's the way he usually does things. I would like to have 400 or 500 of his diver decoys but refuse to support someone that acts like he does.

coachcornbread likes this.
  6. TonyH

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  7. TonyH

The test took place in our facility in a 15ft diameter pool that was 21.5 inches deep. The boat is 13.6 long and roughtly 15 inches total depth, boat weight is 250lbs.
    Here is the capacity test results. Over 2500lbs loaded in the ****pit and still not taking on water. Passed for our rating of 690lbs max capacity with 4 inches of free board. Took an extra plus 180lbs to zero freeboard.
    [​IMG]

This is the level floatation test after an 18hr soak. Passed.
    [​IMG]
    Stability Test both Port and starboard. Floatation was placed on the outer edge of the ****pit rather than inside the ****pit. Here the boat must float without a list of 30*. passed with a list of 5*
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The test was done Per USCG test standards. We used the exact same calculation sheets that were used by the USCG when they tested boats for manufacturers. That we already had on hand since the USCG doesn't test for manufacturers any longer. Luckily we have the documents and data sheets for performing these tests in house. All we need is a pool to hold them and lots of weight.

J

8. TonyH

You really should watch the video, But I'm sure you have seen the video I posted just for you and your buddies who claimed this and that the pool was only 8 inches deep or ankle deep. Once you do you will clearly see how foolish you make yourself look with these acusations that are flat out wrong. LOL.

9. coachcornbread

Me and “my buddies” never claimed anything. I simply asked a question on FB then you gave your usual smart asss answer then you gave me the boot. I’ll ask again here just to see if you have the balls to answer it. You claimed on your FB post that the water in the pool was 22 inches deep, then 33 inches deep, and now back to 21.5. So which is it? You could probably push a lot more units if you weren’t such a dickhead.

Just as a FYI, the only reason I joined that group was to get some info and reviews about various models of layouts because I’m going to buy one in the next year. Your actions have guaranteed that my money won’t be spent with you, and I will advise my friends to do the same.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  10. TonyH

Mr. Mike Wilkerson, Did you watch the video? You indeed claimed the boat was sitting on the bottom. Did you not? You posted your question on FB asking if I was doing coast guard submersion tests in a kiddie pool. Which I answered sarcastically yes and telling you that the kiddie pool was 15 ft round and 33 inches deep (pool measurements). . Then you continued by asking if it was setting on the bottom. When I answered you by saying no and that the water was 22 inches deep. Then your next smart *** comment was which is it. The pools 33 inches deep or 22 inches deep? which is it, after editing your comments from 24 inches. And even after answering your questions with photos and measurements you continued to question me. At that point you were removed and blocked. Yes! Obviously the photo's and videos wasn't enough for you and you had to continue, just as you are here. Good luck in your search for a layout boat, Ours are not for you. And you were blocked and removed from my page. yes.
    Then you come here with your comments asking if this was the same one that was bottomed out? Knowing what you claim is wrong and a flat out defamation comment.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.42.47 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 4.01.54 AM.png

I have attached your comments including your edits. Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.55.43 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.55.43 AM.png

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017