A Rare Trump Policy Fail

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by KENNEDY63, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

OneShotBandit likes this.
  2. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

My God, where has this literature driven, artistic speak been from you!!! There is NO way a true conservative can write what you wrote with such oratory excellence. Son of a gun! Between you and I, we bring Indiana to the top of the political forum elite. Well done, well stated!

3. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

When you say "read the article" - are you referring to the order from the Interior Department that I linked to, or the WSJ article?

If you have not red the original order from the Interior Department - I would suggest that you do. I believe that it addresses some of the fund trace-ability issues.

4. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

I used to subscribe to a newsletter called "The Hunting Report", which covered hunting from a global perspective. Here is a snippet about elephant hunting in Namibia (bolding mine):

A Namibia Non-Trophy Elephant Hunt Might Be the Right Choice for You
    (posted November - 2017)

By Justin Jones, Assistant Editor

Back in Nov. 2016 we shared two subscriber reports on non-trophy elephant hunts (see Article 3905), highlighting these safaris as a good option for those who want to hunt elephant despite the ongoing holdup on import permits or for those who can't justify the expense of a trophy hunt. With elephant populations at or above carrying capacity in much of their habitat, a number of operators have a quota of cull animals available.

This month, subscriber A. Adkins sent a report (11000) on a non-trophy elephant hunt in Namibia's Caprivi Strip in early Sept. with PH Emile Kirchner of Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris (406-261-1222; www.jamyhunts.com). Adkins harvested a younger bull elephant as well as hippo, kudu and red lechwe.

"My primary species on this safari was the non-trophy elephant. These hunts are called 'own use' in Namibia, as the elephant is for the use of the conservancy, with any ivory going to the government. This is much more affordable than a trophy elephant hunt, and the success rate is higher. The target is a tuskless elephant, an elephant with a broken or single tusk or a bull elephant with tusks that are less than 40 pounds. For someone who does not want to commit to the cost and time of a trophy hunt, this hunt is a great option....

http://www.huntingreport.com/current_issue.cfm?id=2271

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

The Asian collusion plays a major role in the poaching, maybe sanctions would help.:nutz

6. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

The Namib, I’m not as familiar with, but Zimbabwe and Angola? They’re poster children for corruption and racial terrorism in the name of Marxism. Damn some animals, they’ve murdered thousands of humans for their $, just because of their race. A poor ol’ elephant ain’t getting a fair shake. LOL

7. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Haven't confirmed it but I believe the ban on Big Cat trophy importation was quietly lifted in October according to an anti-hunting friend of mine.

So...if there is this dust-up about elephants there may possibly, as mentioned by others, be a backstory to the elephant issue.

Again...unconfirmed on the Big cat hunting. She kinda rides the keyboard of the different save the gay baby whales websites.

8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

The video I showed was in Zimbabwe and how the villagers are starving. Where's that dictator/President from that's currently on the news that's under a coup?

9. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

Mugabe. Heck, Venezuela is bush league Marxist failure compared to Zimbabwe and Mugabe b

10. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017