Virginia Flyway Forum Sponsors

A wife's pespective...

Discussion in 'Virginia Flyway Forum' started by Little Ruddy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

Dang waterpig, it was just getting good.:dv

2. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3. top o va

top o va Senior Refuge Member

This sentence alone speaks volumes. LMAO...ha,ha...:flame;)

4. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Wow, a guy can’t share that his wife supports his hunting without the discussion turning to Human reproduction and rectums.

5. The Other David

The Other David Elite Refuge Member

I am glad for Little Ruddy. Some guy's wives hate it when they hunt. Some guy's wives tolerate it. He is lucky his wife gives him her blessing.

What Duckrussml said WAS funny! There are so many jokes out there about duck hunters and their wives, duck hunters going out in crazy weather, etc.

Here's an old one:

Husband gets up at 0300 to go hunting. The wind is blowing and it's snowing like crazy. He gets all the way to the boat ramp, decides that it's just too hairy to go out, and pulls the plug on the hunt. He gets home about 0500 and crawls in bed with his wife to get warm, saying "That weather is horrible. You'd have to be crazy to out out there." And his wife says "I know. Can you believe my husband is out there now?"

What Little Ruddy and his friends should have said was "That's funny!", and shared another one.

Glad everyone has kissed and made up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 2018! My goal is to make it though the year and hope I get an opportunity to go hunting before this season is over.

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

My wife supported my hunting. When I needed a Md out of state license at $140 and money was tight she said go buy it. When I had my spray painted camo jon boat in the driveway in Liberal, snotty north Arlington she got positive replies form half the neighbors and told the other half to feck off, my husnband is happy and comes home every week with all his pay and home every night after work, works his arse off to support his family....what about yours?
    When I was on a trip for work and strolled into a gun shop in Kansas City and saw a once shot, Beretta A390, the gun of my dreams for a great price, she was thrilled to see me come home safe and with a flat box that was a present for myself. Her Grandpa hunted ducks a lot and had nice shotguns some of which she let her shoot, and she had an appreciation for them and both husband like me and him who worked every day for our families, and loyal always. The A390 should have been an 870 Express based on our budget, but I ate 99 cent Macdonalds and racked up the per diem on that trip that helped with my once in a wifetime, luxury purchase. When I wanted to join a Md Lease for $600 we found the money. I didnt play golf like $o many other$ . I didn’t gamble or hang out in bars.I changed the oil in our cars, did the brakes, was the lawn guy, the plumber, painter, electrician and wallpaperer.. . A day or night out with the boys was a six pack and some fishing gear and a leaky old boat. No cheating on our wives, just beer , bait and fish on a five dollar budget. I brought breakfast and lunch to work every day. Made my own coffee for 2 cents a cup while all others had their $5 Starbucks. She scrimped and spent wisely for the family, once in a while something for herself, always frugal and a smart shopper.
    She learned that not understanding her husband sometimes was ok and that he was ok in hearing of work being cancelled because of a snowstorm and that leaving the house in it at 2AM with a 2 wheel drive truck and a jonboat in tow was ok and looked positively upon by a small select group of our male population and all she could do is say a prayer that in that night of madness that somehow we would “ Please Lord keep him safe on the roads and on the icy waters.....the idjit that I married.”
    We had a nice home, fixed everything on it ourselves, and our cars too, while the snobs strolled around the neighborhood and would tell me their car was waiting to be washed by me in their driveway and I would just joke back to them feeling the new weekend’s dose of humility and some hurt, but always supressing it. My wife and I supported each other with their crap and one day decided to not be so nice, so Christian and when they gave us the opportuniy of their snide remarks, told the elite arsehules to pizz off after turning our cheeks so many times. She sent their chet remarks back to them in a strong but graceful way, full of sarcasim and with strong message, but lady like and I....well I wasn’t so diplomatic to the one ahule, who once I showed him the other side of me he never knew, complete with a sailor’s vocabulary full of colorful adjectives, he literally fast walked, trotted away towing his sissy Labadoodle behing, who wanted to stay and look at my duckboat. The crap stopped with him and her and all others. I guess word got around quick around the North Arlington Plantation,that because we were the only ones that got our hand dirty and did real work, that we weren’t their field boy. Neauville Riche, so pathedic, but you gotta love um.
    Why am I saying all of this? Because as husband and wife we supported each other, and because my wife particularly gave me full support in my hunting, knew it was one of the few things I did just for myself and how important as a man it was for me to hunt by myself and with my buddies. That even after a birdless day,, that I came home full of telling her all of what I saw and did and that I was refreshed and happy. That it was so great to be out there, that the stars or the sptiing rain was gresat, that the colors of the sunrise on the water in a clear sky or a cloudy or fogged sky was incredible. That breaking ice with the boat and a sledge was fun.....and I was obviously a happy man, a happy husband and that is what mattered.
    Its a new year. I hope you guys have your wife’s support. If not, consider talking to her calmly and let her know that you are hunting with the guys and its important for a man to have a full balance in life, especially in a world that is so structured and shackling and that hunting gives you that happiness and fulfillment.
    Good luck. All the best in our new year.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    buckmaster1 and The Other David like this.
  7. imaduckin up north

imaduckin up north Senior Refuge Member

My wife just wants to know my location not when im comin home, she said its to aid in body location

8. Little Ruddy

Little Ruddy Elite Refuge Member

Well, she's really happy that we are frozen out now. She started talking about squirrells, rabbits, crows etc. Told her the only thing now is goose hunts in the fields, her reply...when ya leaving? Nice!

The Other David likes this.