About Our Forums.........

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Chester - TN, Jul 13, 2005.

1. surfspeck

surfspeck Elite Refuge Member

You have to be a little off to begin with by actually putting that statement in your signature line, it would look better for you if you took out the whiney part about the Texans and while your at it why not get rid of the CUPCAKE PROSTAFF line, people will forget about it in a couple of years if your lucky :yes :yes

2. RebsBud

RebsBud Elite Refuge Member

Chester-TN,

Do you think it is fair for a moderator of one forum, with the power to delete posts and threads, to also be able to come to another forum, especially a state forum, and chastise and belittle it's members? That puts that state's moderators in the position of either having to delete another moderators post or having to just sit there and let his members take it. Or take care of it, as we tried to do. That's not fair to the moderators or the members and that's a lot of what happened here.

Waterproof was axing and deleting all over the place on the BGF while at the same time scolding and ridiculing the members with his posts on the Texas forum.

That's just plain not right.

3. Chester - TN

Chester - TN Elite Refuge Member

RebsBud,

First, I am not going to agree or disagree with the actions, past or present.

Second, A Moderator only has Moderator privileges on the forum he/she is
    listed as Moderator. They can not delete, etc on other forums.

Third, A Moderator is a member just like any other.

Many of the deleted threads are archived. I have read several. Almost all
    were posted by members for one reason, to start and/or continue trouble.

Sorry, I will have to keep this short. I am on my lunch hour and the Ribs are ready.

4. capn

capn Banned

Why are we not allowed to disagree with him on this forum? Every single time someone disagrees with him, the post gets deleted. I think it's a crying shame we can't discuss this on this board, we have to go to the Texas board to discuss anything because this pantywaist can't handle somebody calling him Cupcake. But not only that, he's deleting threads without any namecalling!

I hope that in the threads you're reading you can also see the threads that are getting the axe for no reason at all.

Not to mention that the avatars are not vulgar and don't violate the rules of the refuge as they've been laid out. If you're going to prohibit avatars, then I feel you need to change the rules. Otherwise, you are playing favorites and just protecting one of the mods. A mod that is failing miserably at their role, by the way.

5. Packman

Packman Elite Refuge Member

In my opinion putting the word "douche" across the bottom of somebody's picture is vulgar and very rude. In my opinion it is also very childish. If you can't burn somebody with out resorting to what I feel is 3rd grade material then you should stay out of it or grow up.

Note that is my opinion and my opinion alone and don't count for hill of beans just had to say it.

6. capn

capn Banned

You must get offended at an awful lot of commercials that mention feminine products then! ;)

FYI, it's kind of an inside joke on the Texas board. Every so often somebody does something stupid and take over the reigns of being the board's douche. Then they get avatars in their honor. It's seen as a joke more than anything, with an ounce of truth. Not intended to be vulgar.

7. Packman

No I don't get offended at the commericals or the word. Heck I even laugh at the way you guys have been bagging on HLM and his wanting(or begging if you want) to no longer be the douche. They way it was done to WP is what I found to be inapproairate and vulgar. (dang I can't spellll wortha poo)

8. capn

capn Banned

What's the difference between HLM and Cupcake? :confused:

9. Skack

Skack Elite Refuge Member

Morning Rain versus Spring Flower?? :confused: ;)

10. Packman

The tone. To HLM is was more of a bagging on him and having fun with it when it was done to WP it appeared to me to be out of childish vindicitveness. It is a minor difference be enough to cross the line. Again it is just my opinion. And we all know what opinions are like.

Sorry I do have a correction I do get offened at the commericials when the use a not hot babe and try to pass her off as a hot babe.;) :tu