Big Game Hunting Forum Sponsors

About Our Forums.........

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Chester - TN, Jul 13, 2005.

1. capn

capn Banned

Cupcake was childish vindictiveness - which will stick by the way - the douche was just bagging on him in good fun, as is the tradition of the texas board.

2. Chester - TN

Chester - TN Elite Refuge Member

capn,

There seems to be one common denominator on all these posts, past and present,
    starting and keeping this controversy going.

YOU.

Do you ever make any posts that contribute to the forums ????

Or only thrive on the sour aspects of the forums ????

You accusing me of protecting a Moderator and favoritism is un-called for,
    both in your replies and threads you started.

Do you act like this in the duck blind ???
    Do you get invited back ???

Well, you are in my duck blind now. You can either get of this kick or you
    will no longer be welcome here.

I do not take kindly to false accusations pointed at me.

3. Packman

Packman Elite Refuge Member

Well then, I think then we will have to agree to disagree and do our best to get drunk this weekend. too bad it can't be in the same boat giving each other heck. OK? :tu :tu :grvn :yes ;)

Since I will be working tonight think you could drink a beer or ten for me tonight?

4. capn

capn Banned

Packman, I got no grief with you. I don't really drink, but maybe I can string some fish for ya this weekend. :tu

Chester, for the record I have settled with Waterproof privately and have agreed to get off his case for now (but we did agree to heckle each other, mutually). We've come to terms enough to agree to disagree. But, why can't we get a question answered from you, even though you've made yourself involved? I asked why we couldn't disagree with a mod and post it. All of us felt he abused the privilege - and yet here you are cutting our avatars, our posts, our signatures, even though all of them are within the rules of the refuge? (There may have been a couple outside the rules I admit, but extremely few.)

If we are within the rules, let the posts/avatars/signatures be! If you're going to delete then, then atleast admonish the other side of the argument for his errors as well!

And now you want to try and insult me for asking you a question? Gimme a break. Do a search on my 4000 some odd posts. Figure out how many times you had to edit a curse word (maybe a couple at most), or edit nudie pics (never). Heck I have met guys in the marsh that recognize me from the fuge (they are lurkers) and go out of their way to thank me for the info I post. I've hunted and fished with better than 30 members atleast, and have met some of my best hunting buddies here. I help run a yearly hunt that refugers come to every year. Speaking of uncalled for.... :rolleyes: Gimme a break.

If you will take a step back and look at your actions, you can EASILY see how sure starts to look like favoritism toward a mod. And when we all disagreed with how the mod acted, well.... All I want is assurance that BOTH SIDES are being dealt with, and not just us.

I was out of this argument, and it's YOUR posts and actions and willingness to ignore questions that have made me resurface. Notice I haven't come after Waterproof since this morning? If you don't believe that we settled, ask him. We settled via pm, and were both accepting of each other's response.

5. capn

capn Banned

I will withdraw the favoritism posts. It wasn't right for me to say that even if it does appear that way. It's very likely you're acting on half information, and I need to be more understanding of that, even if I do want to stand up and make sure you have the whole truth.

6. swing

swing Elite Refuge Member

honestly, i am going to take up for rebsbud.

ol man ronnie is a flat out good guy, maybe the best on this board (and i have never met him). i can count on one hand the times that he has jumped on someone in the 5 whatever years we have "known" each other here and $DH. so, i know if he had a reason to get upset, i trust it is a good reason.

p.s. he is a bit skewed with is political affiliations...but i chalk that up to bad drugs in the 60's and old age :dv

7. Chester - TN

Chester - TN Elite Refuge Member

capn,

I did look at some of your posts. It would be embarrassing to state the
    number of posts you have made on this issue.

I am glad you and Waterproof have come to terms.

Is that why you dragged me into this, because you got bored ???

When signatures and avatars are added just to keep a controversy going,
    they will be removed. There are no written rules on this, just common sense.

If you look to the depth of this issue, late comments on the "photo" thread
    were deleted by the Moderator, which moved the thread off the front few
    pages. A member or two thought the whole thread was deleted, including
    the photo, and started this snow-ball.

Now I understand from you that it is my fault that you continue with this.

It is just too funny. I am speechless. :clap

8. Waterproof

Waterproof Elite Refuge Member

Okay can I ask to just let it die then? From everyone here that is still a little on edge in the matter?

Capn and I are fine and both (I believe) have an understanding where the other is coming from.

I am sorry the forum turned to this it was not my intent when I took care of things the way I did.

9. capn

capn Banned

1. No - you posted up and started deleting threads/signatures/avatars that are within the rules when all of this stuff was starting to die down on it's own. Then you post up, and won't answer any questions. You brought your own self into this.

2. There are rules that are posted just about everywhere. There are controversies all the time where admins don't step in and start deleting stuff.

3. That is not at all what started the snow-ball, and isn't at all what got us all upset. :rolleyes:

10. bzzboyz

bzzboyz Elite Refuge Member

I still have one question that has not gotten answered yet. I hope that someone can answer it for me.