Adak Dream hunt 2010 Team Xtreme

Discussion in 'Diver Hunters Forum' started by AleutianKing, Nov 8, 2010.

1. woodie_4

woodie_4 Elite Refuge Member

Thanks Charlie. It was an experience of a lifetime and I count myself lucky to get all the nice birds I am taking home. Best of luck!

Woody

2. AleutianKing

AleutianKing Elite Refuge Member

Well its officially over 2010 on Adak my 4 weeks was just enough time to really get a good handle on things out here for an all around great hunt with lots of action Adak is tough to beat in the early Season as one of the top destinations for a true mixed bag of puddle,Diver and Sea ducks along with endless Ptarmigan in a wonderful setting of snow capped volcanoes and rugged coastline.

Our group this past week from Southern CA had a blast they finished there day today in a big way, 3 Drake Eiders in the morning, then the 4 of them hunted Ptarmigan all afternoon till 3:30 ending up with around 30 Rock Ptarmigan, then a couple guys went back out for Scoters and TJ managed to get his 2 Scoters to match his dads pair from earlier in the week along with 2 giant mallards in one of the ponds near Clam lagoon and missed two Eurasian wigeon. It was an epic ending to a real consistant season on Adak. Lots of very happy hunters taking home some magnificant Trophies of Pacific Eiders, Harlequin, Eurasian Wigeon, Aleutian Teal, Black Scoters, Goldeneye, Red Breasted Merganser and the always prevalent Bufflehead and lets not forget the Infamous Adak Rock Ptarmigan. As always the weather is a big player in hunting offshore with smaller boats for the Eiders. For the 2011 season we will be operating a 26ft boat here as It is sitting in Storage on the island as we speak. here on the island ready for next season. Sorry no pics the internet is too slow to download them tonight and I am too busy cleaning guns and decoys and closing things up as I am leaving in less than 14 hours and lots to do. Hope you all enjoyed some of the pics and the stories from Us this season. If anyone is interested in booking a trip next year on Adak we still have a few prime openings, And due to the economy being what it is we will be offering Full week trips starting at $3500pp all inclusive with meals,lodging and fully guided Duck and Ptarmigan hunts SUN-SUN, Our 4 day trips Sun-Thurs will be $2500pp , Hope to see some of you guys on the east coast hunting in a few weeks.

3. AleutianKing

In Anchorage at Hotel had a great flight back from Adak, Just wanted to load a few pics from the past couple days, Adak is not just a duck hunt it's a true adventure and awesome scenery, and the upland bird hunting is second to none, Everyone should hunt the Aleutians at least once if your a true bird hunter and outdoorsmen.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AleutianKing

The weather was extremely warm this fall on Adak and as all the snow melted the poor Ptarmigan took it on the chin the past few weeks, Normally there is lots more snow and there winter camo saves them from The hunters and the eagles, unfortunately for them both beat em up pretty hard this week. Along with the puddle ducks divers and sea ducks. These guys could shoot straight and were trained killers with lots of practice. I actually felt sorry allot of days for the birds as they didn't miss much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Very nice Capt.

6. srduck

srduck Senior Refuge Member

Nice pics!!! See you in St Paul.