Adak Island Hunt

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by Chen_caerulescens, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Chen_caerulescens

Chen_caerulescens Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

Pretty good last full day at Adak Island. Couple guys finished of their NR limits of Harlequin. Weather was to rough to go after eiders, and not a lot of them around here this early. In the Afternoon we got into the Aleutian GWT and Eurasian Wigeon. I ended up getting my personal best euro wigeon ever. Going to give the wigeon another try early tomorrow and then time to head back home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Chen_caerulescens

3. NaCl H2O

NaCl H2O Refuge Member

Pretty bird!

4. ryan9166

ryan9166 Refuge Member

Wow is all I can say.... Unreal.

5. canman

canman Refuge Member

gentleman,, my name is austin i live and hunt in tn and i was wondering if anyone had a euro drake widgeon and a drake harlequin they would like to send me.. i would love to trade some ducks i kill around here for those 2 birds.. i am doin a mount of all the ducks in the nation and those two are the two i need.. i would love to trade out with someone.. if you could help me out pm me or send me a message.. thanls and nice pics.. good luck to the rest of your season..:tu

6. SDduckaholic

SDduckaholic Senior Refuge Member

Trading ducks is illegal!! You can not trade a "gifted" duck for a "gifted" duck!
    Just becareful! If someone wants to gift you one for nothing in return....you are fine!
    I got back from Adak on the 15th of Dec. I may have an Aluetian greenwing and Halrey that you can have. I need to figure out how many I want to mount 1st!

7. SDduckaholic

Adak was a crazy place wasn't it?!!
    I see you do some guiding in SD for Spring Snow's...where do you guide out of? Are you from here?

8. canman

canman Refuge Member

ok i just wanna say those are beautifull birds yal are killing keep it up.:tu

9. Chen_caerulescens

Yes Adak was awesome and I am looking forward to our season out there next year already. Congrats on your success, you really shot some beauties.

I tend to go with the flow on Snow goose hunting. I have hunted from Yankton to the North Dakota Border. I am from WI originally and moved back from Alaska to WI to establish a home base, although I still spend more time away from "home" than actually at "home". I started hunting South Dakota in 99 and absolutely love hunting in that state. I look forward to Spring Snow goose hunting more than any other season, just love the challenge and the amount of waterfowl you see on a daily basis.

10. SDduckaholic

Sweet....
    My favorite hunt every year is Spring Snows too....there is nothing like being out in Spring with millions of fully plummed waterfowl all around you!
    We will have to share a hunt one of these days!