Admin fix needed immediately

Discussion in 'Help & Tech Support Forum' started by ducknwork, Nov 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Doesn't work.

@ducknwork The admins know about the problem, but can't/won't fix it. It's been an issue since the beginning of the year. See thread "Ads and redirects"

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

As you well know, and have been told before..........

3. TheDuckSlayer

Then why do none of the other forums I visit have this problem? I would think that cyber security would be a top priority on a revenue-generating site.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Nawww

5. TheDuckSlayer

Classy. I'll take the high road and not stoop to your level.

6. Native NV Ducker

Perhaps,
    If you would be honest about the issue, I wouldn't need to get snarky. As mentioned, it has been explained to you what the issues are, and what they are doing about it. Yet, you continue to post comments like:
    The issue is BACK, it has been dealt with in the past, and will be dealt with again. It isn't just flipping a switch. This is a NEW attack.

Your implication that they 'won't' fix it is a blatant lie. Why you insist on that stance is beyond me.

7. TheDuckSlayer

It has been a constant (by constant, I mean I get at least one forced redirect nearly every day) issue all year. The severity of which fluctuates between "minor annoyance" to making the site unusable. I did not explicitly say that the admins "will not" fix the problem (I thought I could omit "either/or" and the message would still be easy to comprehend, but maybe not...), but considering that this has been a constant issue for going on a year now, it sure seems like it.

8. Native NV Ducker

If you would just stop to THINK about it, for one second, you would see your position is totally off base.

The owner of this website owns several others. They are all his income. It is in his best personal interest to fix the problem. This is not a 'pay' site, which means if the members don't like it here, they don't come back. He has advertisers that PAY to advertise here. His rates are based on 'hits' from people visiting. If they don't visit, hits go down, his income goes down. Do you REALLY think this is what he wants?

He is NOT making money of those ads. They are SPAM, pure and simple. They detract from the viewing experience, and that is NOT good for him. I have talked to him. He is very good with the internet. He hires guys who are even better than him to fix these problems. If you will notice, this kicked up on a Friday night, Saturday morning. I am guessing his IT people, and most IT people, don't work on weekends. The hackers no doubt know that.

And, while this is a huuuuuuge problem for you, it is not, for the vast majority of members. I have never experienced the problem. I work on laptops or desktop computers, running windows, with proper virus controls and firewalls. The problem, as I understand it, is on mobile devices, phones and pads. That is, obviously, an easier way for the hackers to attack.

So, telling us about the problem is fine. Welcome, even. Harping about it, bringing up past instances, complaining that no one cares, well, that does zero good, and frankly, isn't true. But, like I said, it isn't like someone forgot to turn on the lights, and all that needs to be done is flip a switch. The hack must be found before a solution can be implemented.

I figure if the IRS, FBI, and Wells Fargo can get hacked, getting into a duck hunting site is probably just a 'Hacking 101' finals test.

9. MJ

MJ Administrator Moderator Flyway Manager

It' a constant battle. Bringing it to our attention is appreciated. As noted, it's not like flipping a switch to fix it.

We will do what we can to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.