Advice for a NW Waterfowler

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Farvad40, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Farvad40

Farvad40 New Member

Guys,
    After living in the Northwest for almost 12 years, the wife is finally ready to leave the dreary winters and move back to Florida. I grew up in the Melbourne area, and still have family there. I am worried that this move will basically kill my ability to duck/goose hunt, but wanted to get some insight into the ability to chase waterfowl in Florida. I did not start hunting till I moved up here, so never actually had a view of it in Florida. I would be grateful, for some basic insight into what opportunities, if any are available in Florida. Is there opportunities to hunt ducks or geese in the area? My first love is chasing Canada geese up here in the Pacific flyway? Grateful for your feedback, not looking for spots, just want to have a view of opportunities in the state, and know if I will have to give up something that is very dear to my heart should we decide to move South.
    Dave F.
    VP of Washington Waterfowl Association
    http://wwa.shuttlepod.org

2. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

You're moving back to the best part of the state for duck hunting. You will be near Merritt Island, TM Goodwin and not too far from the Storm Treatment Areas.

Check out www.unitedwaterfowlersfl.org for more info.