Again...another thread of mine is closed.

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by Bear, Oct 2, 2017.

1. stump

stump Elite Refuge Member

Banning together to protest like the NFL.... See... you guys are making great personal strides now...

cast&blast likes this.
  2. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Thanks...punishing others because of others actions leads to a lot of resentment both for the punisher and the causer of the punishment.

3. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I'll make a suggestion...reopen the original Mandalay thread and follow the warning then two week ban suggestion.

With a warning by API To whom it may concern.

4. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

Why open a new thread or any thread if the same disrupting groups are allowed free rein to trample it too?

5. wingmatt

wingmatt Elite Refuge Member

Can individual posts be deleted, and PMs sent to the poster? That way the poster knows why? I guess it's easier to delete the thread???

6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I believe so. The moderators don't want to start a "report" war but these personal attacks resulting in thread closing have got to be dealt with in a decisive and terminal manner.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Sure they can. How is your life going today? Doing anything else? Got more important things to do than babysit children? If not, then you can spend 15-20 minutes micro-managing. One thread. For free. Or, 30 seconds and lock the thread, with the reason, and get on with your life.

The whole 'ban' thing sounds easy, but we are asked in VERY strong terms not to do that. Well, by 'not to do that', I mean don't ask for it to be done. WE (API and myself) can't do that. So, we have to go crying to the boss, tell him we can't handle the children today, and would he step in. Feels great to do that, by the way. Just great.

Or, delete / lock the thread.

The answer is simple. It has been done before. Don't like the poster's attitude? Put them on ignore. Don't like the way the forum is handled? Well, Facebook is open for business. Don't like my options? Can't help you.

As an example, I got chewed on a little for acting on a 'Reported Post'. I didn't notice it was on a forum I am asked to not be active on (you don't see the Forum of the post unless you look in the fine print, and I deal with 5-10 RP's a day) I deleted them, and someone got irate. Boss is cool, honest mistake, but I could have just ignored it and avoided the problem.

Doing as you guys request would take time away from looking at The Chive.

stevena198301 and hobbydog like this.
  8. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Well this is the PAF forum, not a kindergarten class. If people want to snipe let them! Either they end up on ignore or you respond. Don't think they need to lock threads, just let it flow!!!!

WHUP ! Hen likes this.
  9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yea, that doesn't work either. Owner wants a certain level of decorum, site wide. Catch 22.

10. lax

lax Elite Refuge Member

Did somebody go and post about Mud Buddy again?:joker