Alabama vs Georgia

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by TheDuckSlayer, Nov 6, 2017.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Assuming both win out and play for the SEC CG, does the loser deserve to be in the playoff?

2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Lotta variables before then, but I'd wager that if that were either teams only loss, and the other contenders lose late in the season, it's possible. Heck, Alabama played LSU in one, right after LSU beat them.

3. TheDuckSlayer

Ironically, that was the game used as a justification for the playoff system.

4. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

I still say break all the teams up into however many conferences ya want and the conference winners go to the playoffs. Too many teams(along with media) don't even mention winning their conference first and then going on to win more.

5. sleeping_dogs

sleeping_dogs Senior Refuge Member

I would say yes.

6. coachcornbread

coachcornbread Elite Refuge Member

If both go into it undefeated and it’s a close game (7 points or less) then I see it as a real possibility. The monkey wrench in all of it now is gonna be Wisconsin.

7. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Let either team play Iowa in "exhibition" and they will sort out the posers from the real deal :yes:l

8. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

If Alabama played as poorly as they did Saturday, and Iowa as well as they did, I know who my money would be on... Alabama never got into a rhythm. Now with their defense missing several key players, the offense is gonna have to step up. I sure hope they do.

9. TheDuckSlayer

If Wisc and Miami win out, then they will both be in... then there's a slew of 1-loss teams... TCU, Clemson, Notre Dame, OSU, Oklahoma, Penn St, Washington, Oklahoma St... I'm assuming some of these teams still have to play each other, so some will end up with 2 losses.. but let's say Washington, Miami, and Wisc all win out and win their respective conferences, and Georgia and Bama win out, but one will lose the SEC CG, who gets snubbed? A 1-loss PAC-12 champion Washington, OR a 1-loss GA/Bama???

10. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Another vote for Iowa