Alaska Classified

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by bigreid, Sep 25, 2009.

1. bigreid

bigreid Moderator

I thought I would put a sticky on a thread for us to post up hunting and fishing gear for sale. No commercial adds please as they will be deleted very quickly. If you have a few extra things to sell please feel free to post them up and help out a local Alaskan. We all know how shipping cost are!

2. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

For sale: $175 I pay shipping or $150 you pay shipping.
    Excel Twin LED Headlight Kit

6 Bright LEDs Per Light.

600 Lumens, 9,300 Candela.

1.7 Amp Draw at 12V.

Polycarbonate Lens.

One spot and one flood light mounted side by side.

Base swivels up and down and from side to side.

Black powder coat light body

Rotates completely around for trailering and for backing up in the dark at the ramp.

Comes with mounting hardware.
    New Price is currently $259.00

3. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Shoot me a PM if interested ... or ... if you know of a JBER junior enlisted member looking for something like this, there will be a significant military discount for them.

Older Montgomery Ward Sea King 1636 riveted jon boat and 1976 25hp Evinrude (model 25602E) with trailer. Swivel seats and oars included. I purchased in 2009 for $1500 and used boat/trailer with a 6.5hp mud motor about 3-4 times per year. Boat is not pristine and has had a few repairs in it's life but no problems while I have owned it and it does not leak. Evinrude has either been stored on a stand or hangining on a friend's boat as a kicker for past three years. Motor started when I bought it but I've not cranked it since. I'm selling because I came across a deal on a 1448 jon / trailer / 18hp Go Devil that I could not pass on. I don't need two jon boats so the 1636 needs to go. I'm also including an older Silvertrol trolling motor if you want it.

All of the above - $1200
    Boat and trailer only - $900
    Boat only - $750
    Trailer only - $300
    25hp Evinrude only - $350
    Silvertrol only - $50

Pics on CL ... search "1636"

4. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

sold

5. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Boat and trailer are sold ... motors are still available

6. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

$3200

1980s Argo 8x8 with 7hp KT 17 Kohler electric and rope start engine. Serial number indicates the engine was built in 1982. Argo comes with the following:

One spare tire
    Custom hard top
    New Mile Mark PE2.5 winch and new solenoid plus a spare new solenoid
    Custom snow plow frame
    Commercial plow blade
    Assorted spare parts/tools for maintenance/repair.

Of note, the plow frame has a 3-position blade selection and frame mounts to existing exterior hard points on the front with a single pin on the rear hitch. The frame does not require any holes to be drilled into the tub.

Argo was purchased in 2007 with a lot of adventurous intentions but I've never taken it out of the yard. The plow frame and blade were added in 2008 so I could plow snow. Last summer I purchased a new winch and solenoid along with a spare solenoid. I also purchased a new Interstate battery last summer after someone left the lights on and killed the old battery. Last Jul/Aug with upcoming surgeries I cranked it, gave the kids a couple of rides around the yard, then parked it and tied up the plow blade. If you want a pic shoot me a PM or look at CL 3054095407

On the down side, the right brake needs attention as it has lost most of its pressure. Further I have not cranked the engine since Jul/Aug 2011. Therefore, there are things that need to be checked. However, this is priced at what I paid for the Argo minus the plow frame and blade. This conservatively gives a buyer a $1200-1500 buffer for any tune-up/repairs.

Bottom line: I don't need to get rid of it but my circumstances right now prohibit me from using this Argo like it should be used so this might be an opportunity for someone else.

Thanks for looking.

7. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Not desperate for cash, just looking to downsize the decoy fleet a bit. These are G&H (American made and very durable) so they are not priced like a Flambeau or Avery/GHG garage sale. Check for the best local and online prices for G&H, then figure out shipping and you will likely see the deal here. The whole package (27 decoys) for $200 or you can mix and match as follows:

6 new in box (NIB) G&H Standard Pintail decoys with swivel heads. Three drakes and three hens.
    $30 per pair or $80 for all 6
    NIB online at Knutson?s is $95 per 6-pack before shipping.

1 dozen used G&H Super Magnum Mallard decoys with swivel heads. Six drakes and six hens.
    $20 per drake and $15 per hen or $25 a pair
    $60 per half dozen (drake/hen pairs) or $90 for the whole dozen.
    NIB online at Knutson?s is $130 or $140 at Cabela?s per 6-pack before shipping.

9 used G&H Standard Canvasback decoys with swivel heads. All drakes.
    $10 each, $40 per half dozen or $60 for all 9.
    NIB online at Knutson?s is $60 per 6-pack (drake/hen) before shipping.

Pics can be seen at CL 3054174586

Thanks for looking.

8. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Please delete the two postings above referencing the 1636 jon / trailer / motors for sale. All items have been sold. Thank you. rb

9. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Above G&H Super Mag Mallards are gone.

10. rbaldwin

rbaldwin Refuge Member

Please remove my Argo listing above. Thanks.