Alaska Fishing

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by bigreid, May 28, 2003.

1. bigreid

bigreid Moderator Moderator

Last weekend kicked it off, the kings are in and the halibut are going nuts. Have had good reports of fishing all around southcentral. Lets hear from some Alaskans who went out and hear from you lover 48'ers who come up here and have success.
    One more week of teaching then I would be on the Kenai the rest of the summer!! My job is everyone elses vacation!!!

2. bigreid

Let's go Alaskan's!!! It is the weekend and I expect to see some pictures and hear some stories on Monday!!!

3. Blackbart

Blackbart Elite Refuge Member

Oh man, that is a sweet double. It's killing me because I won't be able to make the trip this year:( Have a good summer and keep those pictures coming.

4. dallen

dallen Senior Refuge Member

Its been a little while since I been on the site, wow, we have our own state page!. Went out on the Big Su last weekend, more for bears than fish but attempted both. Fishing still slow but should become catching in the next week or two. Bears out and very hungry. Had 10 different blacks come in over a 3 hour period. Buddy shot a nice 6'4"ish bore. Sorry no pic of this one, got it on video though. Big brownie sow with 3 cubs came in after the shot. She camped out and so did we. I new I should have brought that pistol. :eek: Going out tonight for the weekend. Kings should be starting to show .

5. bigreid

Dallen,
    Sounds like you had a good weekend. I have heard the Kings are really starting to show all over. It is a great time to be an Alaskan! I talked to some on the Kenai this morning and he had hit three kings as of 8am. Not bad for this early on the Kenai. I am moving down to the cabin this weekend!

6. summitx

summitx Refuge Member

I get off work in the morning and then my 2 weeks off plan to head up to the willow on thur. and on sun plan to see if we can take the power line trail to the mouth of the little su.