Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Alberta-Edmonton Area

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by bigduck10, Oct 12, 2004.

1. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

Just my 2 cents!

I just got back from my first trip to Saskatchewan and I had a great time, I never once came close to shooting a limit of ducks, geese, cranes or huns. I could have limited on cranes every day, I shot one and that was enough. It bothers me to see folks bragging of all the high number kills, it does no good for us as US hunters or for Canada.

My suggestion is instead of killing everything you legally can, pull the dekes early and spend some time with the locals and make some friends.

As far as the guides from the US that I have met they are hurting hunting more and more here in the US. They lease large amounts of property and basically lock out un attached hunter who can't afford the high prices of a guide, look at states like Texas and California where hunting on private property has ended. Once a freelance hunter struggles to find places to hunt so does their support of the sport which gives more leverage to anti hunting groups

Canada IMO should keep the US guides out and continue to allow freelance hunters to hunt as they have in the past.

Me and my buddies will never shoot a limit of any bird in Canada, enough is enough.

2. Lorne MacDonald

Lorne MacDonald Senior Refuge Member

I just got back from my first trip to Saskatchewan and I had a great time, I never once came close to shooting a limit of ducks, geese, cranes or huns. I could have limited on cranes every day, I shot one and that was enough. It bothers me to see folks bragging of all the high number kills, it does no good for us as US hunters or for Canada.

My suggestion is instead of killing everything you legally can, pull the dekes early and spend some time with the locals and make some friends.

Exactly and well put

3. oldducknut

oldducknut Elite Refuge Member

Yes Lorne its not about numbers for me either. I hope to get a duck i dont have for taxidermy purposes and the rest well some days i shoot and sometimes I dont. Matter of fact today I got a black the dog had his workout and i came up on a pond that had a couple fatass mallards. In fact 15 duck lit from the pond. teal and blacks mostly didnt raise my gun. :rolleyes: