All around boat

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Swampfoot, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Swampfoot

Swampfoot Senior Refuge Member

Anybody have any experience with a good all around boat for south Fla? Would like to find something you can paddle into STA's with, fish, and put in the ocean. Anybody had luck with this. Thinking kayak but not really sure how the hunting in STA is, if you actually shoot out of the boat or just use it for access.

Thanks,

Steve

2. Glades Ranger

Glades Ranger Elite Refuge Member

I have a 17' alum vintage seanymph canoe for sale $200- weighs 75#, will throw in foam block kit and quart of steelflex for bottom; willing to trade for steel shot or suitable waterfowling gear.

3. Glades Ranger

Swampfoot, did you ever get a boat? I was told the Hellbender brand (Ft. Myers) was a good STA/ sneak boat. Water levels fluctuate down here; right now it is actually too deep for waders in the glades, probably tricky as well in the STA's.

4. jumpmaster23

jumpmaster23 Senior Refuge Member

I second Glades Ranger with the Hellbender. I've been on his boats a few times and they are great.

5. duckmanJR

duckmanJR Senior Refuge Member

Derek ( Hellbender boats) is not in production at this time...if you want one...you will need to find used.

6. Bender

Bender Elite Refuge Member

That is mostly true. I do have quite a long list going and boats for this season are pretty much all spoken for. I am still making them but its around a 4-6 month turnaround for new orders.

7. duckmanJR

Joey told me he talked to you about "that guy"..
    but that you were not building...so...not building for this years delivery...

8. Glades Ranger

Good news that! I hope to get one in the future. Seems ideal as they are very light compared to so many others, that way I can carry and deploy from my jon boat, and owners rave about their stability. I am 6'4" and have been told the 12' model is better than the 10'...

9. MissedAgain

MissedAgain Elite Refuge Member

check out the Hybrid duck boats - another FL treasure - you will have to build your own tho. plans work well.

10. duckmanJR

These are a good boat...if you have a few woodworking skills...I have seen some done very well.

I...on the other hand...could not build you an acceptable cross to put on a pets gravesite :l
    I have to buy my gear...

bullpinnie likes this.