All too quickly.......

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by KwickLabs, Jan 3, 2017.

1. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

there was only one. A few years ago, I realized my experienced retrievers were getting old.
    A pup was added to the group. This season she is the only one able to hunt. Three have gone
    over the "Rainbow Bridge" and Daisy is not physically up to hunting.

Therefore, this season it was time to make sure the newest KwickLab, Pounce, was thoroughly
    "goosed". She turned two years old in June and has been preparing (a lot). Pounce has three
    AKC Senior passes.

[​IMG]

This is a link to her specific "prep/training" for geese. :tu

http://www.kwicklabsii.com/kwicklabs---geese.html

Here is the link to her recent, brief "goosing" season. :yes

http://www.kwicklabsii.com/pounce-s--16-goose-season-.html

Rangerbob likes this.
  2. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

I've been watching Pounce's progress - she is a very nice dog - you should be proud.

It's hard when the old soldiers can't go to battle any longer - they still have all of the heart in the world and you know they'd rather die in the field than be left home. I've had my 13 year old out 5 times this season and he's had a few nice retrieves that the other dogs couldn't quite get b/c their handling skills aren't quite there yet - he is proud as punch when he gets those and each one is special for me knowing it could be his last. He's earned his retirement, but he doesn't want it, and so if it isn't too cold and we aren't in water he gets to go - I owe him that much after everything he has done for me.

Rock on Pounce!

3. Brack36

Brack36 Senior Refuge Member

I have enjoyed your posts, website and Pounce's journey...that's what it's all about after all.

4. KwickLabs

KwickLabs Elite Refuge Member

Thanks! When I retired several many years ago (by taking an early out plan) most of my friends at work asked (repeatedly), what are you going to do to keep active. Ha! :h