Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Alright, I will bite and ask the question about "hoodies"

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by MNapier, Oct 6, 2009.

1. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

Which part was embellished - the skinny jeans or the guido tight shirt? You can't deny the seashell necklace and the air moses sandals.

But, maybe not 10 - at least 6.

Nothing mattered then - just going out with friends. I'm glad some of us are still with that stage. :tu

2. ButtonBuck

ButtonBuck Elite Refuge Member

Damn right:tu

But you're still a D...:nutz:l:yes

3. jkryspin

...:dv

4. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

I have a feeling this may have been directed at me..

Does qualifying for the World Duck 8 times count? What about making the finals (first form the East Coast to do so BTW)in the world duck? How about 6 state championships, two regional wins(the 8 qualifiers) Several first place, and top three finishes in duck and turkey calling, Pro staff for Mossy Oak, and A national call company? Am I qualified now?

I guess I must have a pretty high opinion of myself since so clearly I have not done anything to be deserving of the "PRO" status....

I am Loving Nicks signature more and more.....

I never said I was great, facts are facts. None of this makes me better than anyone.....

You guys are the ones with the chips on your shoulders, trust me. I gurantee you think more highly of how "good" you think you are than many of the so called A Holes on pro staffs... It is clear and evident in everything you post....

I rarely have ever posted anything I have done, which is why I get some BS like "without ever doing anything to deserve it"

:rolleyes:

5. GEORGE ZAHRADKA

GEORGE ZAHRADKA Elite Refuge Member

Scotty....Next thing you know you looking at yourself in the mirror with me.....lol

6. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

This is your quote not mine. When did I ever rip anyone on a pro-staff? I told you what my definition of a pro was. Someone who was paid, end of story. It's my opinion, your opinion is different. It doesn't make me right or wrong, it doesn't make you right or wrong. These are our opinions. Since you personally feel that you are a pro, you obviously took exception to my definition. I said over and over in this thread that I can not say who cashes checks because how would I know? Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I did not single out anyone saying they were or were not a pro did I? You felt it was your place to defend your "pro" status in your mind. Every time I ask a question, you rip me for asking it. That's not a professional thing to do is it?

One of these days you will read what is typed and not assume.

7. Duckshot69

Duckshot69 Elite Refuge Member

Dude I had to bail out of this several pages and two days ago :l Once the whos, whats, whens, and wheres got outta hand I knew it was a lost cause .

8. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

One of these days you will read what is typed and not assume. [/QUOTE]

I didn?t reply to you, I replied to someone else...

I never once in my post said I was better, and I was adding to the question you asked Trevor, when some guy who I don?t even know, and obviously doesn?t know me, says some ignorant s h it. I have not worked this hard to succeed at what I do to have some guy I don?t even know belittle me, maybe that is retarded, ok it is retarded, but I have a lot of pride, sue me.

There have been countless attacks on me at boat ramps, lotteries, and here. I get the attacks on here, my actions definitely call for them, but when guys get angry with you because you "called away" or "scared" all of the birds in the marsh, and leave you notes on your truck. OR how about when guys decide that every time a duck works your spread they will blow their calls terrible as loud as they can, or shoot every time ducks start to circle, even if there is nothing to shoot. Or how about when you wear a shirt with your name on it and guys ask you at a lottery, even if you have never seen them before in your life ?who the eff do you think you are? " "or what makes you special" or my favorite " you think you are better than all of us don?t you" There are a few on here that truly know me, and know that I am friendly at lotteries, and boat ramps, and talk to everyone, and try to get along with guys. Or how about when you have been successful and someone is waiting for you at the ramp, only to bash you because you were there earlier and beat them in there.....

One of the best experiences I have had was my first day hunting in MO after I had moved away, I had an incredible day, with a pretty limit if 5 drakes and a hen, mallards gadwall and a woodie, I got to the check station and there was a group who was in the next blind over and we bull crapped for two hours about calls, calling, decoys, and all the while I was waiting for the A hole comments, but they never came. They knew I was from MD because well, they looked at my minivan...(yes I drove a mini van to MO to hunt) They were intrigued about the East Coast, and asked me a million questions about hunting out here. It was a great time. They never once said anything, at least to my face, that was disrespectful or derogatory. It?s just not like that here.

The reason you don?t know what or who wins or "cashes" checks is because you a don?t venture out to the contests, come on out, heck even enter one or two meat calling or hunting style, you may actually have a good time, and understand what all of this is REALLY about to most of us, and why we do it! You may just be surprised.

Most of my closest friends from all around the country I have met through calling, and I have gotten to hunt some cool places because of it. I have had opportunities to teach young kids and adults what I have been taught. I have seen my hunting success really increase as well as a few friends of mine who are new to calling because I decided I wanted to learn and compete, because I think duck season is too short, and this way I can get with people who share a common love for it, and have a good time. I have worked hard and have recently gotten an opportunity to promote my favorite camo. Do some of this stuff and you will understand why this crap gets old. To me, you are just an everyday hunter, like the rest of us. I don?t think Pros are any better as people, and I don?t think they are the best hunters there are, by any means. I don?t feel like competition duck callers are always the best callers in the marsh, and give credit to guys who are truly good, in my opinion. Look, I love seeing kids eyes light up when they make a noise for the first time that may sound remotely like a duck, and I like to see adults learn that calls may actually work, if you know how to use them. It is a facet of waterfowling you may never understand, unless you do some of this stuff. And that is totally fine.

It really isn?t all about ego, and piles of birds, trust me. Last year was the worst year in 5 for numbers, in both waterfowl and turkeys but by far my most favorite season. I got to watch a young dog learn, as well as her seriously novice trainer and a good friend kill his first gobbler, due to my efforts. These things are what make being a "pro" more special, not the number at the end of the day. A good season to me is one where I got to go, I came back safe every day, I shot some ducks or geese, I had fun, I hunted a new place or two, and got to see some cool stuff, most of all I really enjoy introducing someone to something new, even if they are ?experienced? water fowlers. Last year I took a couple of friends to what I consider one of the prettiest places to shoot ducks, Assateague Island. They were from Arkansas, and are both callers (one is a dang legend) and we shot a couple of real East Coast Black ducks, pure breds. Two of us were hunting, and that?s all we shot, two ducks. However, it was a fun morning, and really special to me.

9. rbr

rbr Elite Refuge Member

About post #2. But some times it's fun to pull chains.

Bert

10. jkryspin

I've only met ya once or twice, but at the Delta event we had a good chat - a lot about the above. I thought you were friendly. ...of course that was post-beer, pre-asking Ms Maryland something relatively inappropriate. :cool:

...but there are times when waterfowlers are our own worst enemy. I know people who have had dog feces smeared on their boat trailer at a NWR purely because of the state of residence on his license plate.