Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Alright, I will bite and ask the question about "hoodies"

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by MNapier, Oct 6, 2009.

1. rbr

rbr Elite Refuge Member

They don't need blinds. They blend in with the spread with their black hoodies.

Bert

2. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

What kind of reaction did you give to these above situations? Seems like it would have been awkward. What would prompt a stranger to ask you who the eff do you think you are? Pretty weird I would say.

3. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

I have SEEN people's boat trailers get removed from their vehicle and unceremoniously dumped in the water because they didn't park at the boat ramp correctly. And, because they were from SC. And the boat ramp was in AR.

4. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

My name on my shirt.. Or like I said killing more than them...

I didnt really say much, just kind of looked at them like ***?

5. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

I have heard of this at Deal Island, but these guys were simply form the Western Shore...

6. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

What do you do in that situation? I mean, honestly, I'm pretty sure the last thing anyone wants is a confrontation where adrenaline is rushing and firearms are readily available. This is more of a rhetorical, Allan, not looking specifically for how you personally reacted. That type of behavior just makes me scratch my head.

7. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

See, this is the one aspect of waterfowling that I don't understand. Situations that Scotty and you are describing above. I am in sales so I talk to tons of people everyday. Everytime I discover that someone is a fellow hunter through conversation it usually leads to a two hour friendly conversation. It's like you are surprised to run into a "fellow waterfowler". Why people would feel the need to damage other peoples property or to be rude to them is beyond me when they are in the hunting community. Not sure of the population of waterfowlers but it has to be a very, very low percentage. Someone may know that answer but I don't.

8. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

I was pretty incredulous, to tell the truth. All I could think of was what would I do if I came back to the boat ramp and MY trailer was gone. It wasn't like they left a note or something saying it was 5 feet under water over by that big stump! Or even why the did it. I'm sure the SC folks just thought it got stolen.

Another one happened to my nephew 2 years ago. He drove his truck with NV plates pulling a friends trailer and boat with AR plates. Again, this was in AR, different WMA. After hunting, he loads up and heads down the gravel road. Unbeknownst to him, someone had unhooked the trailer and set the receiver on top of the ball and stomped on it. He made it a good little bit before he noticed the trailer (and boat) try to pass him right before smashing into a tree. The boat was totalled. The guy who actually owned the boat has a good sense of humor and laughed it off. He took it so well I wondered if maybe he hadn't done something like that before himself.:scratch:) Karma, you know.

9. muskrat25

muskrat25 Elite Refuge Member

Jkryskin- what makes you so sure it was dog feces? :eek:

10. jkryspin

jkryspin Elite Refuge Member

Just going by what they told me. I was not at that particular ramp.