Alumacraft 1648

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Dukcalr71, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I've got an Alumacraft 16 ft semi--mod vee JON boat. It does have a center seat, which is ok for me----hunt with just 2 guys & a lab, 8 dozen decoys. I have pods on it & a 23 hp mini-lite Mudbuddy -----short tail. Plenty fast---for me---I'm in my 60s ! The rig has a great Beavertail flip over blind & this rig is serving me well.

Keep getting different combinations & ideas from guys, & chose what will work good for you.

Ringbill

2. wingin'it

wingin'it New Member

Sorry, didn't get to it until today (had to rush to finish my lights to hit the water in time for the evening flights and it turned in to a disaster of a hunt... one of those days).

The deck is basically a rectangle with a triangle peak.
    Rear width of deck is 55"
    Width of deck before the front taper is 47.5", it begins to taper 34" from the rear of the deck. The tapered portion comes to a point 17" from that point of the deck (So the triangle is an isoceles with a base of 34" and a height of 17" on top of the "rectangular" portion of the deck).
    Hope that's clear enough.
    I really do enjoy this boat, eventually I'm going to purchase a new e-tec 50 with trim, and it should get me close to 45mph.

3. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Welcome to the Refuge, Wing it & you should get informed & have fun in here .
    That new speedy rig yur getting will be so fast, you'll be able to get back to the access,
    before the birds need to be field dressed! Watch for stumps & deadheads.

Ringbill