"Aluminum" F-150?

Discussion in '4x4 / Truck Forum' started by pintail2222, Jul 7, 2015.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Heard a commercial about the aluminum truck again last night (a new one for me, apparently from the Super Bowl.). Said blah, blah, blah, military grade, blah, blah, blah, battle tested, blah, blah, blah. Basically, it used a similarity (HMMWVs and F-150s both use aluminum bodies), to sorta-kinda make it sound like F-150s are battle tested ("When they say military-grade, they mean battle-tested"). Both Ford and GM are making me sick with their mis-guided ads.

2. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

Too be honest when I bought mine I did not even realize it was an Aluminum body.

Mayes

3. IL_Goosehunter4

IL_Goosehunter4 Senior Refuge Member

I got the V8 and have put about a 1000 miles on it so far. I set the fuel milage guage when I got it and so far I am averaging around 20.7 mpg.
    [​IMG]

4. Ring King

Ring King Elite Refuge Member

I flew home to South Carolina and bought a 2015 extended cab F150 FX4 Sport with the 5.0L V8 and the 3.55 electronic locking rear end. I drove it cross country back to California and averaged 21.7mpg on the trip. Now that I'm back in Petaluma and driving back and forth to work 14 miles on back country roads with plenty of stops I'm seeing right at 19mpg. I'm very happy with the truck so far and can't wait to see what it gets with some light towing of my boat trailer!

5. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I am hearing Chevy/GMC may be going to the aluminum body in the future

Mayes