Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

American falls reservoir

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by northern, Jul 19, 2014.

1. northern

northern Elite Refuge Member

What is going on with the water? It is all ready at 38 percent full. There holding water coming in to it from the snake way below normal and dumping it out way Above normal. It is dropping 2 percent each bay while all reservoir up stream are holding steady. Are they trying to drain it this year.last year they drained it to 2. Percent and it killed :a lot of fish

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

The very north end of the drainage had well over 100% snow fall Southern basins had well under.
    Other than that I sometimes really wonder why water-masters do what they do.
    I ve heard horror stories on some of the smaller reservoirs. One watermaster would drop water on a popular reservoirs. Just so the boater wouldnt use it,. the guy had nothing in it other than spite. A few government agencies got involved and created a bit of sanity

We were at the South end last night, The low water makes some nice beaches,.. too bad its so green

3. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

been a very odd year to say the least... the river on this side of the state has been muddy all year which by now you should be able to see 8ft down not 4 inches...lol...

4. northern

Hay salty, 26 percent and holding. this time last year it was below 10

5. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

I need 50 % to start putting geese in my fields.
    I heard they are holding more water in all the res. because of all the rain , low temps and wheat coming out

Hey I saw a nice little 5x5 whitetail buck coming of the old club property a few weeks back

6. northern

nice. there is still a lot of standing grain up on this end. I checked the well house Sunday to discover that the wall had given way from all this rain. I knew I was going to have to put in another well but I was hoping it would go a couple more years before I had to replace it. the Res came up to 27 percent today, up from 25

7. LuxuryHunter

LuxuryHunter Senior Refuge Member Sponsor

That's good to hear you still have water in the reservoir on the other side of the state.

Owyhee res is currently at 0%:eek: Gotta drive over there to see what that looks like!